The most frustrating thing for every person who wants to get an awesome pre-workout supplement is the lack of reliable information.
Finding the lists of the best products isn’t that hard. You just Google them, and tons of results show up.
But most of those results aren’t that good enough.
Not only are they promotional pieces, but their authors aren’t experts in this subject.
Let’s step away from those posts, shall we?
To get the most out of your workout routine, you need quality advice, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do here.
We explored and tried different products, so you don’t have to. Did research, so you don’t need to waste your time, and composed a list of the best products worth considering.
So, scroll down and learn more about pre-workout supplements and ingredients to look for.
Which Ingredients Cause Pump and Vascularity?
Pre-workout supplements rely on natural ingredients to improve pump and dilate blood vessels for more energy and bigger gains and endurance. Not all ingredients are equally effective, though.
The best ingredients for pump and vascularity to look for in pre-workout supplements include:
A natural amino acid produced by the body, but it’s usually not enough for benefits you want to achieve, so supplementation is necessary. Citrulline increases energy levels and improves performance. Additionally, it helps to remove the byproduct of lactic acid from the muscles, which would otherwise lead to failure. Greater muscle pumps, the greater release of growth hormone, and improved utilization of BCAAs are important benefits of citrulline malate.
Boosts the level of ATP generation in the muscles to allow you to perform more and do better. Key benefits of creatine monohydrate are improved muscular fatigue resistance, energy boost, more strength, improved lean body composition.
Helps to reduce fatigue and improves anaerobic output.
A stimulant that improves mental focus, increases resistance to fatigue, enhances endurance performance, increases strength output, supports fat burning.
It is necessary for the proper function of the metabolism and production of red blood cells. The role of vitamin B12 in pre-workout supplements is to increase muscular endurance through improved production of red blood cells, but also to improve cognitive function, enhance recovery rates, and boost energy.
Branched-chain amino acids consist of three important molecules called leucine, isoleucine, and valine. They work to support muscle growth and endurance while reducing mental and physical fatigue.
Best Pre-Workouts Supplements for Pump:
Finding the best pre-workout supplement can be frustrating as tons of options are available. We evaluated a wide range of products to uncover the best pre-workout supplements. Learn more about them below.
#1. 4 Gauge
4 Gauge is one of the most popular powder pre-workout supplements on the market, especially among bodybuilders. Made by Roar Ambition, regular intake of 4 Gauge is meant to push you harder, increase muscle size, and provide much-needed mental focus to stay motivated towards your fitness goals.
As one of the most trusted brands in this business, Roar Ambition is all about making products that help users be bigger, better, fitter, stronger, and more confident.
What makes Roar Ambition stand out is that they also provide links to scientific evidence confirming the effectiveness of the ingredients in the 4 Gauge formula. All links are neatly displayed below the description of each ingredient.
The pre-workout supplement is available worldwide and shipped to most countries. The expected time of delivery in the continental U.S. is two to four business days, while customers from Canada, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and Alaska can expect their package to arrive within five to 10 business days.
The manufacturer allows customers to return the product and get a refund if they change their mind or find it doesn’t meet their needs. They refund items within 30 days of arrival in the U.S. and 14 days of arrival in the U.K. and the rest of the world.
The 4 Gauge is available exclusively on the official website. Besides a one-month supply, special offers are available, thus allowing potential customers to buy two shells and three-plus 1 FREE shells.
Regular intake of 4 Gauge powder works from a stronger connection between the brain and body to allow you to lift more weight and build more muscle. The supplement also enables you to concentrate more on workout sessions and allows you to train for longer.
The powerful formula helps you feel more blood pumping to the muscles for bigger size and endurance. It makes muscles look thicker and tighter.
The above-mentioned effects are down to the potent formula. This is where 4 Gauge sets apart from its competition.
While most supplements just list a few ingredients, and many of them don’t bother to explain their functions, Roar Ambition displayed amounts and roles of each compound in the formula.
They wanted to use a different approach and move away from the proprietary blend trend that many brands use. The main goal here was to make sure that users know just how much of each ingredient they get per serving.
The 4 Gauge pre-workout supplement contains the following ingredients:
- L-citrulline DL-malate (6000mg) – extracted from watermelons, effective vasodilator. The main purpose of this ingredient is to deliver outstanding muscle pumps. It does so because the body converts l-citrulline to l-arginine, an amino acid that increases levels of nitric oxide. As you’re already aware, nitric oxide dilates blood vessels and promotes blood flow. Additionally, supplementation with l-citrulline before exercise increases human growth hormone levels. Besides muscle pumps, benefits of l-citrulline include
- Caffeine (150mg) and l-theanine (200mg) – caffeine is a stimulant while l-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea and known for its potential to improve focus, calmness, and make you feel more in control. A combination of caffeine and l-theanine is known as Smart Caffeine as these compounds work together to boost energy levels, power output, and mental awareness and keeping all these effects in check for longer. While caffeine works as a stimulant, l-theanine acts on GABA neurotransmitter to ensure you’re calm while also pumped up and energetic. This means you get to channel all your energy into the right thing – your workout.
- Rhodiola Rosea (100mg) – helps the body manage resistance, whether it’s mental or physical. The Scandinavian herb has the potential to combat fatigue, depression, boost cognition, and wellbeing. It can reduce muscle damage and improve your mood too.
- Red beet or Beta vulgaris (300mg) – nitric oxide booster and performance enhancer. The role of red beet is to boost muscle pumps, improve the body’s oxygen use, allow you to train for longer.
In addition to the stars of the 4 Gauge’s formula, other ingredients include:
- Creatine monohydrate – neuroprotective and performance-enhancing properties
- Acetyl-l-carnitine – lowers fat, decreases muscle damage, reduces fatigue.
- Coconut water – improves hydration and restores electrolytes while lowering blood pressure.
The general rule is to take two scoops of 4 Gauge powder before a workout. Some people take their 4 Gauge about 15 minutes before a workout while others 30 to 45 minutes before their session. According to the manufacturer, it’s up to you to see what works for you best.
Although it’s safe to take two servings (four scoops), the brand suggests you should start with the recommended dose first. Then, you can determine whether you need more pumps or not.
For optimal results, you should make a week-long break every six to eight weeks.
- Natural ingredients
- The manufacturer provides evidence that confirms the efficacy of ingredients
- Only five calories per serving
- Improves blood flow and muscle pumps
- More energy, endurance, focus
- Better physique
- Reliable manufacturer
- Money-back guarantee provided
- Safe and effective
- Easy to use
- Suitable for men and women
- Available only on the manufacturer’s website
- Only one flavor option
Users report that 4 Gauge provides the perfect balance of energy and focus. Taste is great, and the powder mixes well. Customers confess they feel a noticeable difference and would recommend this pre-workout supplement to other men and women who are looking for a quality energy boost. Athletes and other active men and women alike have positive experiences with the product claiming 4 Gauge gives them exactly what they need for a productive workout. The best thing is that no side effects have been reported.
Blackwolf is a range of dietary supplements created specifically to help men and women get most out of their sessions in the gym. Besides Track, powder pre-workout supplement for men, there is also Trail, a pre-workout supplement formulated specifically for women.
This is where Blackwolf stands out as many brands have the same product for both men and women. Bearing in mind the male and female body is different, it needs pre-workout supplements that address their specific needs.
Supplied by MuscleClub Limited, Blackwolf workout supplements prove to be an ideal fit for active men and women as well as athletes. The brand is highly appreciated by regular users across the globe.
The supplement is available with free shipping worldwide. Sold exclusively on the official website, Blackwolf pre-workout supplements Track and Trail are also a part of the Hunter and Huntress pack, which but can be purchased individually too.
The brand provides refunds on unopened items up to 14 days after their order. To get a refund, you just need to email their customer service.
When discussing features of Blackwolf pre-workout supplements, we need to separate Track for men and Trail for women. While the ingredients vary, both pre-workout supplements are designed to boost energy levels and increase endurance during the workouts.
The easy-to-mix concentrates rely on a carefully researched formula known as the Blackwolf Power Blend to increase physical performance during successive bursts of short-term, high-intensity workouts.
The Power Blend in Track consists of BCAAs that promote growth and healing of muscles, reduce exercise fatigue, and prevent muscle wasting:
- L-leucine – essential amino acid used in protein synthesis, supports metabolism and tissue regeneration.
- L-isoleucine – boosts energy levels and supports recovery.
- L-valine – promotes mental vigor, muscle coordination, and calm emotions.
Other important ingredients in the Track include:
- Protein – muscle growth
- Vitamins B6 and B12 – maintenance of normal function of the nervous system while exercising
- Vitamin C – protects proteins and lipids from oxidative damage and reduces fatigue.
In other words, Track pre-workout supplement works to deliver both energy boost and mental clarity while promoting fat loss, muscle growth, and recovery. Ingredients in this pre-workout concentrate support general health and wellbeing.
On the other hand, Power Blend in Trail relies on creatine monohydrate to increase performance during successive bursts of short-term, high-intensity workouts. The pre-workout concentrate for women also contains l-valine and l-taurine, which boosts energy levels. Also, Read Our Article on Best Preworkout for Women
The Power Blend in Trail works together with other ingredients to provide a pump and increase blood flow during the workouts. These ingredients include whey protein isolate alongside vitamins B6, B5, C, and E for reduced tiredness and fatigue during workouts, improved immune system.
To get the most out of Blackwolf pre-workout supplements, it’s necessary to take as needed up to three times a day. Take 30g scoop and blend it with water, skimmed milk, or fruit juice. You can also add it to smoothie 20 to 30 minutes before workout. To maximize results, you need to take Blackwolf pre-workout concentrate for at least 60 days alongside proper diet and regular exercise.
- Reliable brand
- Designed specifically to address the unique needs of male and female bodies
- Boosts energy and improves clarity
- Supports muscle growth, fat loss, and accelerates metabolism
- Fast results (2-3 weeks)
- Powerful formulas with active ingredients, no fillers
- 24/7 customer support
- Only available on the official website
- No links to studies and clinical trials
- No ingredient amounts
Although the official website of Blackwolf products doesn’t display customer experiences, the products have positive reviews online. It’s also useful to mention that Blackwolf Track and Trail are endorsed by professional athletes who use them before their workouts regularly.
#3. Performance Lab Pre
While other pre-workout supplements on our list are in concentrate i.e., powder form, Performance Lab’s product comes in the form of capsules, 120 of them per bottle. Called Pre, the pre-workout supplement is a stimulant-free athletic performance supercharger.
This is where Pre stands out. Not only are many high-quality pre-workout supplements in powdered form, but they’re also abundant in stimulants.
The manufacturer, Performance Lab, is all about making products for optimal performance in the gym so that athletes and active men and women can achieve maximum results.
Available across the globe, Pre supplement and other Performance Lab products are delivered fast. Returns for unopened and unused containers are available, just contact the customer support team within seven days of receiving the order. Performance Lab also gives a 60-day money-back guarantee.
What makes Performance Lab a breath of fresh air in the industry is attention to detail and desire to educate current and potential users. They do so by thoroughly explaining the role of each ingredient they used.
Pre uses sport nutrition innovations to raise nitric oxide (NO) levels to promote muscle blood flow and oxygenation. The pre-workout supplement sustains NO activity in order to support strength and recovery.
Regular intake of Pre is designed to enhance anaerobic and aerobic exercise through muscle-charging ATP energy. Moreover, users can resist grueling workouts thanks to improved endurance resulting from buffering and hydrating hard-working muscles.
The sport nutrition innovations used in Pre include:
- Setria Performance Blend (Setria glutathione + l-citrulline), 2200mg – boosts and sustains NO levels in the bloodstream, increases lean muscle mass, and maintains it. Setria Glutathione is an antioxidant that protects muscles against cell-damaging oxidative stress after high-intensity training and strengthens the immune system. L-citrulline improves BCAA utilization, muscle energy, supports greater muscle power output, reduces soreness and fatigue.
- Creapure pH10 Creatine, 1250mg – 99.5% pure creatine monohydrate that is pH-balanced to increase bioavailability. It increases maximum and total muscle work production, powers muscle fibers during high-intensity exercise, promotes lean muscle development.
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, 800mg – raises carnosine, a dipeptide molecule abundant in muscle tissue. It increases muscle power, delays onset of muscle fatigue and failure, boosts overall muscle strength, and endurance.
- Himalayan pink salt, 350mg – restores electrolytes that are depleted by sweating, optimizes the absorption of sports nutrition amino acids.
- Maritime Pink Bark Extract (95% proanthocyanidins), 100mg – provides powerful antioxidants that soothe and protect muscles during training, promote endothelial production of NO.
- NutriGenesis Iron, 2.5mg – crucial for oxygenating blood and muscle tissues
To get the most optimal results, it’s recommended to take six capsules on training days 45-60 minutes before workout. Take capsules with 16 to 32oz of water.
- Increases muscle power and strength
- Extends aerobic and anaerobic endurance
- Increases blood flow to muscles
- Doesn’t contain allergens, gluten, soy, synthetic additives, stimulants, GMO
- No side effects
- Positive user experiences
- Powerful ingredients
- Reliable brand
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Six capsules per serving may be too much to take for some people
- Shipping not free, which may cost a lot for non-U.S. customers
Users report they feel the boost during their exercise. Many customers describe this pre-workout supplement does exactly what it promises, but some confess it’s tough to swallow so many pills.
Pre-Workout Supplements Buying Guide
Do you want to get the pre-workout supplement that will give you the results you expect?
The whole process doesn’t have to be that frustrating. This buying guide contains factors you need to consider when choosing a pre-workout supplement:
- Brand – determine whether the brand is reliable and trustworthy or not.
- User experiences – check to see whether other customers experienced desired results or they experienced side effects.
- Budget – pre-workout supplements come at different prices, so determine your budget and rule out products that don’t fit in
- Formula – look for pre-workout supplements with powerful ingredients. It’s even better if the brand explains the function of each ingredient in the formula.
- Label – ingredient amounts and serving size should be displayed on the label neatly.
- Shipping and returns – check shipping info to see if delivery time suits you and make sure you can return the products if you change your mind.
- Money-back guarantee – as a customer, you should be able to get your money back if the product doesn’t deliver promised results.
- Evidence – ideally, the brand should display clinical trials that support the effectiveness of ingredients in their formula.
Pre-Workout for Pump & Vascularity: FAQ
Is it safe to use pre-workout supplements?
Generally, yes. The pre-workout supplements contain natural ingredients and are safe for consumption. However, products with high levels of caffeine may cause jitters in some people when taken in excessive doses.
What happens if you take a pre-workout and don’t work out?
Some people claim the use of pre-workout during their off days improves their focus and concentration. The best thing to do is to use the product according to instructions provided by the manufacturer.
How long does it take for pre-workout to kick in?
It depends on the formula of the product, but it may take between 30 to 45 minutes.
How pre-workout supplements work?
Pre-workout supplements work by boosting energy levels and promoting mental clarity to keep you focused on the workout. They also support fat burning, endurance, and muscle growth, repair, recovery, and maintenance.
Is the pre-workout necessary?
Generally speaking, it’s not obligatory to use a pre-workout supplement. However, athletes and other men and women who want better results in the gym use pre-workout supplements because they enhance athletic performance. Thereby results occur faster.
In Conclusion: Which Pre-Workout You Should Consider for Pump?
In this post, we discussed the best pre-workout supplements and showed you what to consider when choosing a product on your own. It’s crucial to think about your needs and get the product that meets them effectively. Pre-workout supplements, when chosen wisely, can make a huge difference in the quality of your workout sessions and results you achieve.
Webminati Media is committed to delivering the most reliable and unbiased product reviews possible. Their team of experts works tirelessly to research, test, and evaluate products across various categories, enabling consumers to make informed purchasing decisions confidently. They take great pride in their hands-on testing, thorough research process, and analysis of customer feedback, all aimed at ensuring the reliability and informativeness of their reviews. Webminati Media is also committed to continuously updating its reviews in response to product availability or new information changes, providing consumers with the most up-to-date recommendations.
It's important to note that the guidelines and advice offered in these reviews should not serve as substitutes for medical advice. Webminati Media advises consumers to consult their physician before taking any medication or if they have any doubts about a product, prioritizing their health and safety above all else.