Pain is something that affects a lot of people throughout the world. Some people experience acute pain, which only lasts for a short period. Others, however, have to bear with pain on a daily basis.
When pain kicks in, there are a few ways to gain relief. Painkillers are often the first go-to option for people when pain develops.
The side-effects of painkillers are not only unpleasant but sometimes also bad for health.
Some side-effects include:
- Clouded thinking
- Slowed breathing
- Nausea, and more!
With the side-effects in mind, people are turning to natural alternatives. With the best CBD oil, a person has an alternative to pharmaceuticals that still offer effective results.
CBD oil is now commonly used to help treat pain conditions. From arthritis to back pain caused by an injury, there are many ways that these oils can be useful.
We share the best options to consider when looking to get the best CBD oil for pain. We also share some tips to help you understand what to expect.
How Did We Choose CBD Brands For Pain?
Pain is an unpleasant symptom that can be caused by a lot of factors. This was a personal list for us, as many of us have experienced pain in the past.
To find brands that produce CBD oil that actually works for pain was hard. We had to sit down and first look at all of the brands that now offer CBD oil products.
There are a lot of companies that offer products containing CBD. When it comes to oils, quality and purity are really important.
The FDA has sent out warnings to companies selling CBD products in illegal ways within the last few years. This has brought on concern among the average consumers.
We first ensured that any CBD oils on our list have no relation to the companies that the FDA had warned consumers about. This was important to ensure we do not recommend companies who may sell products that are harmful to the body – instead of providing the user access to the rich health benefits of CBD.
Then, we looked at the list we had and considered the following things:
- What do people have to say about the brand?
- Are there any negative comments related to the brand? If so, what problems did people have with the brand?
- Do the company offer their products through a reputable shipping company? Who do they use, and how long does shipping take? Is the client asked to pay an additional shipping fee?
- Does the product come with any type of guarantee? If so, how long does the client have to ask for a refund? What are the terms and conditions of the guarantee?
- What plants are used to create the CBD oil? We always ensure these products are made from hemp.
- How and from where was the hemp sourced?
- What extraction process is used to make the CBD oil?
When we look at these things, it makes it much easier for us to determine which products are good for relieving pain.
This allowed us to bring things down to a narrower list of products. We then considered factors like:
- Customer support and service
- The quality of ingredients
- Pricing of the product
- Dosage and how many drops to take each day
We calculated the value of each product too. This meant looking at the number of drops one gets from the container. The data was compared to the pricing and the dose, as well as other important factors.
By the end of the research, we came to a list of just five products. Compared to other CBD oils on the market, these are the best for people who have pain conditions. While they do not cover all of the oils that can help with pain, we did get to these products based on a lot of research.
We used various platforms as part of our research. We considered what people were saying about each CBD oil on platforms like Reddit and Facebook. Then, we configured a poll on the Reddit platform – and asked people to rank a large range of different brands for CBD oil. We specifically asked people who use CBD oil for pain to participate.
This data also helped us narrow down our list and decide which products to include in our review.
Best CBD Oil For Pain 2020
After an extensive period of research, we are able to present a list of the best CBD oil products for people with pain conditions.
Each of the options we present in this post is made by a reputable brand.
Each oil was also developed to help relieve pain. These products help to reduce inflammation, alleviate pain, and may even be helpful for soothing tense and sore muscles too.
Readers should ensure they consider every single option on the list. Take a look at all factors related to each supplement. A person needs to compare these factors to their own needs. This will help them find the best CBD oil for pain – based on their condition, the severity of their pain, and more.
1. Fab CBD
The first brand that we want to take a closer look at is called Fab CBD. This company does not offer a range of products that are as extensive as a couple of competitor brands.
Instead, FabCBD chooses to focus on the quality of its supplements rather than comprising to provide a larger variety to consider. There is a single CBD oil tincture product available from the Fab CBD brand.
FabCBD Oil is available in 5 flavor options. This helps the customer get a product that will satisfy their taste preferences. It also helps to reduce any unpleasantness that some people have with how these oils tend to taste.
The flavor options that are available include:
Natural flavoring agents are primarily used to help reduce the user’s exposure to chemical compounds.
Each of the products also come in different strengths.
A person should make sure they understand how much CBD they will need The range options vary from 300mg per container, and goes up to 2400mg per container.
- The CBD oil comes in a wide variety of flavors, giving the customer the ability to choose a flavor that will suit their taste buds.
- There are four different dose options to choose from, ranging from 300mg per bottle up to 2400mg per bottle.
- A high-quality tincture is included with every bottle of the product. This ensures the administration of the oil is easier and convenient, with fewer spills of the CBD oil inside.
- Pricing is relatively affordable when the customer decides to opt for some of the lower dose options that are available.
- Gummies are also available as an alternative option or people who do not like to take the capsules.
- Comes in five different flavors
- Features a strength option of up to 2400mg CBD per container
- Affordable starting price
- Live support available on the company’s website
- The alternative options from FabCBD may not be potent enough to help with severe pain
- When choosing a stronger dose of CBD oil, the price goes up significantly.
What People Are Saying About The Product
We were able to find a couple of reviews and testimonies linked to the product selection offered by FabCBD.
Overall, customer support seems to be excellent. Customers do like the live chat feature that the company added to its website.
Regarding the products, the CBD oils do seem to wok. Customers fin that it takes quite some time for the products to work, however. This especially accounts for the lower dose options that are available.
#2. Cheef Botanicals
Cheef Botanicals is an organic brand that has been around for quite some time now. The company makes a wide range of products, with CBD being the main ingredient in its oils, capsules, and other items.
There are a couple of CBD oils that Cheef Botanicals offer. Some of these are great for helping people with mild chronic pain experience relief of their symptoms.
Other options from the Cheef Botanicals brand comes with a stronger dose of CBD. In these cases, it is possible to provide relief for some of the more severe pain symptoms that people experience.
Customers are able to choose a CBD oil that fits their needs. This starts with choosing a dose that will be most beneficial for the user.
There are a few low-dose options available from Cheef Botanicals. These start at 300mg of CBD content in every container. Some products do offer a higher concentration – with some containers offering up to 3000mg.
Cheef Botanicals uses a full spectrum extract in their CBD oils.
This means the product does not only contain Cannabidiol. Instead, a wider range of Cannabinoids can be found in these oils.
- The CBD oils and other products made by Cheef Botanicals are all made from natural and organic ingredients. This gives the person access to a pure and higher quality product.
- All of the CBD oils from the brand are vegan-friendly. This means anyone can use them, even when following a vegan diet and lifestyle.
- There are various CBD oil products that customers can choose from. This ensures a person is able to get an oil with the ideal dosage to help them experience relief in pain symptoms.
- The products offer a full spectrum of hemp extract. This means the oil contains more than just Cannabidiol. There are other beneficial Cannabinoids also found in these products.
- The products are relatively affordable when opting for lower doses, which are adequate to assist in the treatment of mild pain symptoms.
- Full-spectrum CBD include multiple cannabinoids
- Organic and all-natural range of CBD oils
- Affordable pricing for lower dose options
- Different oils to choose from
- Higher doses can get a little pricey
What People Are Saying About The Product
A few reviews can be found when looking at the range of CBD oils from Cheef Botanicals. This helped us get a better idea of customer responses from oils made by this brand.
There are several people who claim that they have experienced a reduction in pain when using CBD oils from this brand.
The lower doses seem to take quite a while before the user experience any results. The higher doses seem to work faster, according to customer testimonies.
#3. Nuleaf Naturals
Nuleaf Naturals is a company that has also been producing top-quality products for a few years.
Nuleaf Naturals believe in providing customer access to the very best CBD oil products that are on the market. This does mean a person will need to dig deeper into their wallet – but the purity and quality produce products that work better.
There are a few different CBD oil products that customers can choose from.
It is important that the person considers why they want to use CBD oil.
Some of the products offered by Nuleaf Naturals can be quite potent, such as the 4850mg CBD oil.
When the dose is too potent for the user, it may cause adverse effects to occur.
Nuleaf Naturals believe in making their products as natural as possible. This is why there are no additives or synthetic ingredients added to products offered by this brand.
Only organic ingredients are used to deliver a higher quality product that is also more potent.
- Products are produced by a leading brand of CBD oil within the United States.
- The company specializes in providing a premium grade cannabinoid extraction process for maximum efficiency and potency.
- No additives are used in the production of the CBD oil products that are offered by the Nuleaf Naturals brand.
- All of the products that Nuleaf Naturals produce are tested by a third-party laboratory. This ensures the customer is able to see what is contained in each CBD oil product.
- The brand features a large number of CBD oils to choose from.
- There are no additives in these oils.
- All ingredients used in oil organic.
- The products come with a third-party lab test report.
- Pricing is quite high for CBD oils made by the Nuleaf Naturals bran.
- Some products do not offer potent concentrations of CBD.
What People Are Saying About The Product
There are over 10,000 user reviews related to the range of CBD oils that Nuleaf Naturals offer.
The majority of reviews left by previous users are positive. People claim that these products are very potent.
This means the oil has been formulated to produce effective results. Some of the formulas are also very potent. People find that the more potent options do work for more severe pain.
There are a few concerns that we notice about the brand. Some people have complained about the high price tags attached to these products.
The next brand we recommend people consider is CbDistillery. This brand has also been around for a while. It has built up a positive reputation for itself too.
The brand has a few different CBD oil products that customers can choose from.
The Relief & Relax range of CBD oils seem to be particularly popular. These CBD oils help to alleviate pain, but also adds additional benefits.
A range of THC free CBD oils are also available, which helps to alleviate pain without any trace amounts of THC found in the formula.
- A trusted brand among people in the United States that rely on CBD oil as an alternative healing method.
- The CBD oil does not only focus on providing relief of pain. It also helps to promote calmness, soothe muscles, and may even help the person sleep better at night.
- The oil is made from high-quality natural ingredients. This ensures the user is never exposed to ingredients that may be harmful to their health.
- The oils from CbDistilliry are available in different strength options. This gives people more versatility when buying a CBD oil product.
- Most of the products are generally affordable when compared to other leading brands that also offer CBD oils.
- There are different strengths available, ensuring an appropriate dose of CBD oil can be obtained for any type of pain.
- A few THC free CBD oil products are also available for people who do not want to expose their bodies to THC, another cannabinoid found in Cannabis plants.
- Some of the CBD oil supplements can get pricey, depending on the strength chosen by the customer.
- The relaxation effects might cause the user to feel sleepy if they take it too early in the day.
What People Are Saying About The Product
There are a large number of reviews associated with the range of CBD oils offered by CbDistillery. This makes it easier to see what people think of the products.
People find that the CBD oils from CbDistillery are effective. They help to relieve pain and even improve sleep.
There are a few concerns raised within the reviews we found. A high price tag is one of the more common issues that we noticed among people who have used these CBD oils in the past. It should be noted that only the high doses tend to come with higher price tags.
#5. Joy Organics
Joy Organics is often viewed as a premium brand. The company uses organic ingredients that are grown under strict regulations.
The CBD oil from Joy Organics comes in four different flavors. These include natural, summer lemon, orange bliss, and tranquil mint.
There are also four different strength options that the customer can choose from. These include 15mg per serving, 30mg per serving, 45mg per serving, or 7.5mg per serving.
- A variety of options are available, including different flavors that the customer can take advantage of. The customer can choose from mint, orange, natural, lemon, and other flavor options.
- The company offers different strength options when buying CBD oil.
- Two different oils are used in the production of these CBD oils. This includes MCT and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- All products are produced with premium ingredients to ensure it is effective, as well as more potent than many competitors.
- Premium and natural ingredients for better potency.
- Does not contain any traces of THC.
- Provides hemp oil that is rich in phytocannabinoids.
- Different strength options are available.
- Pricing is high for stronger options.
- Limited flavor variety available
- Customer needs to manually request lab test results
What People Are Saying About The Product
One of the most common things that people like about Premium CBD Oil from Joy Organics is the fact that there is no THC found in the company’s products.
People also enjoy the variety of flavors, as well as the fact that the product comes in different strengths. There are a few who have complained about the pricing of Joy Organics Premium CBD Oil.
Studies About CBD & Pain?
A lot of people are turning to CBD for various reasons. While some want to find a way to relieve anxiety, others have heard that CBD oil can do wonders for people with pain.
Sure, a lot of people have left reviews on products that contain CBD oil. Many have even published content on the internet, sharing their story of pain relief through a few drops of these oil under their tongue.
What we also need to consider is whether there is scientific evidence behind this. Are people really experiencing the wonderous effects of CBD – or is it just a placebo effect?
The great news is that many researchers have turned their focus to Cannabidiol, as well as other Cannabinoids that are often added to full-spectrum CBD products.
There is evidence that CBD is helpful in reducing pain and even helping with a few other related problems too.
Thus, these people have likely experienced the benefits of the oil.
To make things clearer and show people why CBD is popular among pain sufferers, we will consider a few of the studies done on the subject below.
- One study describes how the cannabinoid delivery system needs to be taken into consideration when looking at using CBD oil for pain. The study does mention a few challenges experienced with the delivery of the active content. At the same time, it mentions several benefits that have been scientifically confirmed. CBD helps to treat pain and reduce inflammation.
- Another study looked at how the Cannabinoid System actually plays a role in pain control. The study finds that the Cannabinoid system has receptors that activate and deactivate when pain is perceived. When CBD is used, the way these receptors react to changes. This describes the physiology behind the pain-relieving effects of CBD oil.
- In another study, the Cannabinoids in these oils are referred to as a common therapeutic recommendation for chronic pain sufferers. Cannabidiol is only one of the many cannabinoids found in hemp, marijuana, and Cannabis plants. The study also states that CBD possesses analgesic effects.
While looking at studies about how effective Cannabidiol might be to alleviate pain, it is always important to consider potential risks, dangers, and even the milder side-effects too.
People need to understand exactly what they should expect when using a product – including a new CBD oil they want to try for relieving pain symptoms.
There are studies that have looked at the overall safety of CBD oil. It does seem like the Cannabidiol, as well as other cannabinoids in the oil, are well-tolerated in most cases.
Some mild side-effects are often reported in the first few days of use, however. This generally includes nausea and constipation. Some people feel dizzy too.
In most people, these side-effects go away quickly.
In one study, researchers state that CBD has a better safety profile compared to pharmaceutical drugs. In the study, CBD oil was used to treat various conditions. This included psychotic disorders and epilepsy too.
How CBD Helps Different Types Of Pains
Pain is really a general term. It refers to a signal sent to the brain – causing the perception of pain to develop.
Pain can affect any part of the body after a person bumps their leg; the nerves in the local area cause a sensation of pain to develop. This is an example of acute pain.
The pain will generally only last for a few days – maybe a week or two. After that, the pain starts to go away.
There are people who experience longer-term pain. In some cases, the pain may start out slowly.
At first, the person notices some pain symptoms, but they are not severe enough to make the person feel concerned.
The pain gradually becomes worse – and eventually, the patient finds out they have arthritis, experienced a back injury, or suffers from muscle problems.
The good thing about CBD oil is that it can act upon different types of pain.
As we mentioned before, pain starts with a nerve signaling the brand of the pain. The brain reacts, and that is what makes a person feel the pain.
CBD oil can help reduce the amount of pain a person experience through this process. There are additional benefits that come with using CBD oil too.
We take a look at specific types of pain that people often treat with CBD oil below.
1. Chronic Pain
When pain becomes chronic, it means a person is going to experience the symptoms regularly. Sometimes, the pain remains constant. The person continues to suffer from the pain.
There are other cases where the pain may “come and go.” In such a case, the person would only really feel the pain sometimes.
Examples include after getting up from bed in the morning, or maybe after sitting down for too long.
Various areas of the body can be affected by chronic pain.
Chronic lower back pain seems to be the most common problem with these painful symptoms.
There are studies that have looked at how CBD and other cannabinoids may be useful in treating chronic back pain. Some studies also focused on chronic pain in other regions of the body.
In one particular study, researchers state that Cannabinoids do seem to be a highly effective therapeutic option for patients who suffer from back pain.
The researchers in the study mention that opioids are often considered the best treatment. In fact, opioids are considered an important range of drugs in hospital settings.
The problem, however, is that the world is facing an opioid pandemic. Too many people are addicted to opioid drugs. This causes serious health problems in the patient.
With this in mind, the researchers suggest Cannabinoids as an alternative treatment option that should be considered above the current or more “traditional” use of opioids.
Arthritis is a very common condition. About 54.4 million adults in the United States have been officially diagnosed with some type of arthritis.
The term “arthritis” itself does not really refer to a single disease or illness, however.
Instead, arthritis is the name of a disease family. This entire family of diseases affects joints in the body.
Once joints are affected, the condition tends to cause damage to surrounding tissues. Inflammation develops, and the person experiences a reduction in joint mobility.
Different types of arthritis exist.
Two of the most common arthritis diseases that are often diagnosed among the general population include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
These are, of course, not the only types that exist.
Osteoarthritis is caused by wear-and-tear over the years.
Eventually, the tissue supporting the joints and acting as a cushion wears out. This causes bones to rub directly against each other.
The result can be severe pain in some cases.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. The immune system starts to attack joints. It also causes damage to these joints.
Pain is the main symptom of both types of arthritis. Additionally, people also generally experience swelling in the joints that are affected.
A lot of publications have looked at how CBD oil might be the answer to relieving arthritis pain.
People often have problems with the more traditional pharmaceutical drugs used to reduce pain with arthritis.
Current research is somewhat limited on the topic, but the evidence does exist.
The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil come in handy. This helps to reduce the swelling that happens in the joints.
With a condition like rheumatoid arthritis, reducing swelling is critical in preventing further damage to the joints.
Swelling also affects the mobility of the joint. Thus, when swelling is reduced, the person may be able to use their joint more effectively again.
Cancer is one of the most feared diseases throughout the world.
There are a lot of people living with cancer today. As some people die, new cases are also constantly being diagnosed.
More than 1.7 million new cancer cases were diagnosed in the year 2018. Note that this data only accounts for people in the United States.
In 2018, over 600,000 people in the country also died from a type of cancer.
There are some cancers that seem to be more common than others.
Some of these include:
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- Bronchus cancer
- Rectum cancer
- Colon cancer
- Skin melanoma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Renal pelvis cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
One of the problems that people often experience with cancer is pain. The pain can sometimes feel unbearable.
People with cancer usually obtain radiation therapy and chemotherapy to help fight against cancer.
While these drugs are useful, they can cause side-effects.
Adding more drugs to the mixture by taking painkillers can cause further problems.
This is why many cancer patients are also turning to CBD oils.
These oils help these people keep their pain under control while they are fighting against cancer.
Studies have confirmed that the use of CBD oil in cancer patients may hold potential.
There does not seem to be any serious concerns about interactions with cancer drugs. People also seem to experience an effective reduction in pain with the use of CBD oil products.
CBD has also been shown to yield anti-cancer properties. Even though the evidence is available, people who use the oil need to understand, and it will not cure their cancer.
When CBD products are used in a cancer patient, it should be to help reduce the side-effects – such as the pain that comes with the disease. It should, however, not replace existing treatments that fight against the cancer cells.
How To Use CBD Oil For Pain
Using CBD oil to help treat pain is really simple and does not need a lot of time. A person should understand their dose. This makes using the CBD oil for pain much easier.
First, a person should decide when they want to use CBD oil. Many people use it in the morning. This can help to reduce morning stiffness and pain.
There are also some who rather prefer to take their CBD oil at night. In such a case, the CBD oil may help the person sleep better, too, while also giving them relief in pain symptoms.
CBD oil generally comes in the form of a tincture. The tincture consists of a bottle, along with a dropper. The bottle will usually be made from glass or high-quality plastic material.
The oil is pulled into the tincture. The user then uses the dropper to drop some of the oil underneath their tongue.
Most people have a specific dose they take. The dose should then be measured precisely in the dropper. If this is done, the person can push all of the oil out of the dropper into their mouth.
Placing the oil underneath the tongue helps to provide better absorption for the Cannabidiol found in the product. It means that the CB2 receptors in the body will be stimulated faster – and that the pain-relieving effects of the CBD oil be experienced in less time, particularly when compared to other methods of using Cannabidiol products.
The CBD Dosage For Pain
One thing that a lot of people fail to realize is that without the right dosage, CBD oil may not be effective in managing pain.
The perfect dose for CBD oil when it is used to help with pain differs from one person to another. One individual may find that a low dose of CBD oil works wonders for them.
Another person, on the other hand, may need to constantly increase their dose to experience any benefits.
With this in mind, knowing what to consider when deciding the right CBD dose is important.
A person should start by considering why they want to use CBD oil for pain. The type of pain is important. Here, the individual needs to consider why they experience pain.
Arthritis causes inflammation and pain in most cases, while a back injury may also lead to muscle problems.
The severity of the pain plays a role in the ideal dosage too.
People with severe pain will generally need to take higher doses of CBD. When this is the case, it is important to note that the side-effects may also be more significant. Thus, the pros and cons should be analyzed.
There are cases where a person takes a moderate dose of CBD with a low dose of pain medication provided by a doctor. This may help the person reach a good level of pain relief without experiencing side effects.
Other things need to be considered too.
A person needs to take a look at their body weight. Higher body weight will need more CBD oil to ensure there is enough Cannabidiol to benefit the body.
There are some factors related to the body chemistry of every person too.
The process often requires some experimenting. A person is generally advised to start with a lower dose. They will then gradually start to increase the dose. The dose increase only happens if the desired effects cannot be felt with the current dose.
With this process, it is possible for a person to find the dose that works best for them – while also minimizing the risk of side-effects.
People with severe pain should generally start with 40mg per day. If the pain is not severe, starting with 20mg CBD each day is a better idea. The dose can be increased by 5mg after about a week. This increase can continue weekly until the person reaches the dose that works best for them.
Conclusion: Which CBD oil Should you Buy for Pain?
CBD oil is a scientifically researched natural extract. Clinical trials and scientific studies have shown that CBD oil offers many potential benefits to a person. This includes a potential reduction in pain symptoms. There are various scenarios where CBD oil can help with the management of pain.
We shared the best CBD oils that people are able to get their hands on for pain today. These are all excellent ranges of products – but people still need to take a few personal factors into account to help them choose which one is right for them.