Cannabidiol (CBD) has surged in popularity as more people are becoming aware of its promising advantages. Studies showing the positive effects of CBD in treating illnesses encourage institutions to acknowledge its legitimacy. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), US approved a CBD-based solution called Epidiolex in 2018, which addresses epilepsy in young children.
Due to its increasing demand, CBD or cannabidiol is now found in various forms like CBD gummies, capsules, oral sprays, and vape juice. CBD is a non-toxic chemical extract from the Cannabis Sativa plant. Cannabidiol is also an active ingredient of hemp seed that contains low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Vape pens are also used with CBD oils. Vapes are known for its quick effects they take when inhaled. Vapor is created by heating the oil, wax or herbs to a specific temperature. Using the best dry herb vape can help you pick specific temperature to heat up with.
Whether you’re chewing on CBD gummies or taking in CBD solutions, the extract proves helpful in managing various conditions like muscle pain, anxiety, epilepsy, and other problems.
Benefits of Using CBD
CBD induces antipsychotic effects by preventing the breakdown of chemicals in the brain that affects pain and mental processes. This function proves to pose many advantages for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some of those benefits that have already been verified by studies and research.
- CBD brings seizures under control, particularly childhood epilepsy syndromes like Dravet and Lennox-Gastaut (LGT), which are unresponsive to the usual epilepsy medicines. CBD reduces and even stops the occurrence of seizures.
- CBD reduces anxiety and insomnia. It proves to be effective in inducing sleep in patients. Further, a study revealed that CBD manifests powerful anxiety-relieving effects in animal experiments.
- It treats arthritis and other conditions characterized by chronic pain. Applying CBD oil to skin lessens inflammation and neurotic pain.
- Helps in drug withdrawal by killing a patient’s craving for opioid drugs like morphine and heroin.
- CBD-based nasal sprays reduce muscle pain and urination frequency in patients with multiple sclerosis. Although their capacity is only limited to muscle tightness, they still help patients in going about their daily activities.
- Research reveals that a regular intake of CBD for four weeks could decrease psychotic symptoms for patients who have schizophrenia and Parkinson’s disease. It manifests effects like that of amisulpride, an antipsychotic medicine.
- It lessens the recovery time for people who undergo bone marrow transplants by preventing the rapid spread of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD).
- It helps people quit smoking by reducing nicotine cravings.
- CBD reduces the risk of developing heart diseases by easing high blood pressure. Also, it helps the heart to pump blood efficiently by decreasing its stroke volume.
Other Facts About CBD
CBD is extracted directly from the hemp plant and does not cause any “high” and addictive feeling, unlike marijuana. That is why most states in the US have already legalized the use of CBD as a medicine. Of course, there are varying restrictions on its use, but the bottom line is, science institutions are backing up the positive effects of CBD in health.
CBD can interact with some medications that require little prescription adjustments. CBD can increase the effectiveness of specific healing properties in drugs, an example of which is an enzyme called CYP450 that is used for stimulating metabolization.
One can also use CBD along with medications like anti-arrhythmia, antipsychotics, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, and immune suppressants. However, talking to your doctor would help.
In an age of intellectual advancements, the powerful benefits of CBD for a person’s physical and mental well-being eclipses the social stigma attached to its name. CBD proves to be a viable medical option for a wide array of illnesses. Thus, more studies and research should be conducted to discover and maximize their potential.