Penile erection is a good sign in makes as it signifies normal and healthy genital functions. However, if it occurs spontaneously and unintentionally under inappropriate social conditions, then it is a matter of concern. It is quite common in day to day life of men to experience such unintended erections. It often disturbs the social aura and self-image when noticed by the people around. Moreover, it can be a source of gossips for youngsters at their workplace. It is therefore important to have control over erection and avoid getting them easily. Ejaculation is the straightforward solution to resolve erection, but since erection does not reach orgasm every time, it is seldom possible. Scientifically, there are 3 different types of erection: reflexogenic (in response to touch); psychogenic (in response to arousal thoughts) and nocturnal (during asleep). 5 effective ways to stop and avoid getting unwanted erections have been discussed as follows:
1. Distraction of self: One has to stop thinking about arousing thoughts during erection and distract their attention towards something else. The focus of attention is instantly diverted to keep the mind busy with some serious thoughts, like a challenging event, a mathematical problem or any scientific fact.
2. Position shifting: Sometimes the clothing or one’s posture is such a way that it stimulates the genitals physically. In such cases, one has to change his position and re-adjust the clothing so that the genitals are comfortable. Stroking the inner aspects of thighs can stimulate the genitals and cause erection reflex, so it is very important to wear comfortable clothing. Sometimes, the hands can be inserted through the pockets of the pants and the penis repositioned gently, so as to conceal the erection. While sitting, one can casually keep their legs crossed.
3. Keep calm and patience: At times, simply sitting calmly and patiently wait for the erection to resolve is the simple solution. Meanwhile, the erection can be covered by a jacket or a long shirt, or keeping a laptop over lap so that it is not visible to others. It is important to know that the erection is mostly noticeable by oneself rather than others, so there’s nothing to panic.
4. Meditation: Although distracting the mind from thoughts of arousal and erection are enough to avoid erection; meditation is another way to clear the mind and helps in better control of erection. This is especially helpful during massage and spa which are typically stimulating. In simple terms, meditation is nothing but breathing normally and focussing on one’s own breaths. All the thoughts are brought into a halt and cleared away from the mind. One may chant some words like ‘Om’ in their mind repeatedly. Meditation helps in relaxing and releasing any mental stress. It is ideally practiced regularly, especially at night before sleeping and in the morning after waking up. There are various types of meditation one can try.
5. Exercise: Distracting your mind off to something is not always easy. But exercise can be a good way to do that. Spending a good 30 minutes doing exercise at home and concentrating on the progress can do the trick.
6. Cold shower: Whenever possible, one can get rid of erection by having a cold water shower. This helps in refreshing the mind and body as well. However, some people can experience arousal in the shower, so one must be cautious. Taking a warm bath is an alternative to stopping the erection.
7. Medication: You can also treat erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation via some medicine that contain an active ingredients sildenafil citrate. You can consume a one sachet of kamagra jelly without water that help to get rid of premature ejaculation. You can also try a generic sildenafil tablet called kamagra uk from safe generic pharmacy
Conclusion: Unwanted erections can be controlled and avoided by simple ways like mental distraction, position shifting, meditation, cold shower and keeping calm and patience. However, it is important to consult a doctor if the erection lasts longer than 4 hours or associated with pain. This condition is called ‘priapism’ and needs treatment.