A person often does not have time to go through a full-fledged medical examination, not to mention sitting in queues. Instead, with the help of a particular mHealth application, you can find a specialist at any time, get professional advice, and you do not have to go anywhere. Telemedicine is turning into an accurate tool for effective diagnosis and treatment. That is why telehealth app development is more relevant than ever. Below is an overview of mobile telemedicine apps you can be inspired by.
Virtual reality in healthcare
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic is pushing healthcare providers around the world to use telemedicine solutions. What used to be a niche offering can go a long way and stay with us down the line. New researches on telemedicine during the pandemic are shedding light on how patients drove changes in utilization and what to watch throughout 2021. The use of telehealth apps and on-demand, app-based mental health coaching showed improvement of anxiety disorders.
The global digital medical VR market is forecasted to spur a rapid increase to $2.4 billion by 2026, thanks to its potential to eliminate the need for certain drugs or surgeries. VR technology is currently being used to treat chronic pain, anxiety, and PTSD.
Best Telemedicine Apps
Before the pandemic, medicine attracted investors from various fields, including financial institutions, IT giants, retailers. However, now investing in medicine has become even more relevant. New tasks and needs have emerged: to organize remote monitoring of patients, to obtain a “second opinion” from a doctor, to develop medicines, and to improve the efficiency of medical institutions. Let’s take a look at the most trusted apps.
The application allows consulting a doctor from home or on the go. This telemedicine app connects users to qualified medical providers. High-quality healthcare services are now available, 24/7, with on-demand service or registered appointments, often with next-day availability.
- Insurance coverage
- Review and rate doctors
- Schedule preliminary visit
- Prescriptions by healthcare providers
- Enrollment is simple.
- Picking a provider that is right for him/her.
- Scheduling visits 24-7 based on your availability.
- Seeking treatment for a variety of health concerns, including mental health services.
- App provides remote communication with healthcare providers from a smartphone.
- Secure streaming makes face-to-face interactions seamless.
- Costs are typically lower than in-office visits.
- Healthcare providers can send prescriptions to nearby pharmacies.
- Therapy is limited to a selected number of employers and health insurance plans.
- If a user doesn’t have insurance, he/she has to pay out of pocket.
- Certain services, such as getting a second opinion, aren’t covered by health insurance.
MDLIVE allows anyone to have a virtual doctor visit with board-certified physicians from the ease and comfort of wherever you are.
The app also offers behavioral health appointments with licensed therapists and board-certified psychiatrists, and dermatology services.
Users can schedule a meeting with a doc at a time and day that’s suitable for you or have an on-demand visit in around 15 minutes.
- Not very quickly account set up (within 15 mins)
- Search through our network of board-certified doctors
- Schedule appointments with doctors
- Online/phone conversation with the doc
- Paying online
- Getting a prescription
- Fixing insurance issues
- Fast performance
- HIPAA protected
Lemonaid: Same Day Online Care
With a $25 doctor consultation and free, fast delivery from the Lemonaid Pharmacy, it is a solid telemedicine provider that offers a simple way to get a diagnosis and treatment. Patients need to select a service and answer basic questions about their health. The app provides swift, convenient, and affordable healthcare for US citizens. Users can pay their fee and solicit doctor feedback within 2 hours or immediate video consultation.
- Simple account creating
- Short medical history questions
- A quick browse of the menu of services
- Good video and audio quality
- Easy to get an appointment using the app.
- Selecting the type of healthcare
- Completing an online assessment
- Setting up for a visit with trusted health care providers
- Not covered by insurance
- Not available in every state.
LiveHealth Online Mobile
Using LiveHealth Online, US user can visit board-certified doctors, licensed therapists, lactation consultants, registered dieticians, and more through live video on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- It’s easy and convenient
- Seamless and secure consultation
- Talking to a doctor 24/7, with no appts or long wait times
- Apple Health users can easily share important health information with your provider during your Video Visit
- Enhanced performance to increase reliability and speed
- Patients requesting an on-demand visit on the web platform or mobile app can choose to have a phone visit
The Editorial Team at Healthcare Business Today is made up of skilled healthcare writers and experts, led by our managing editor, Daniel Casciato, who has over 25 years of experience in healthcare writing. Since 1998, we have produced compelling and informative content for numerous publications, establishing ourselves as a trusted resource for health and wellness information. We offer readers access to fresh health, medicine, science, and technology developments and the latest in patient news, emphasizing how these developments affect our lives.