If you have a lot of things to move in your current home and are moving a long distance, you might need to hire a moving company. They come in handy when packing and unpacking your stuff, and you will not tire from moving things around.
Different moving companies charge differently, depending on the terms and quality of services they provide. When you hire a company such as Sokol Moving, they send their movers to your home, who are paid after their job by the company. But you might want to tip your movers after doing the hard task of helping you move. If you are confused about how much you should give them, follow our guide closely for help.
- How Much Should You Give Them?
You might be willing to tip your movers Toronto but find it hard to determine how much to tip them. Well, we will help you out so you do not tip too much or too low amounts. If they are a group of five, it might be difficult to come up with a specific amount that will be of help to them. You can consider the hours they have worked. If it’s a half-day move, $20 per person is acceptable. You can double the amount if they have been there for 8 hours and make it $60 for 12 hours or more.
Some of the factors to consider when deciding the amount to give is the level of services and the amount of work they had to do. How much stuff do you have and how big are the sizes being moved around? If you live on the last floor, meaning the movers Toronto has to move your things on a flight of stairs you should consider tipping them a higher amount since moving goods to a higher floor could be more tiring than when moving them to the ground or the first floor.
- Tipping Amount For Long Distance Movers
If you are moving to a home far apart from the previous apartment, the moving company might send different crews, one at your old home, to pack and remove things from the house, and the other in your new home to unpack and arrange things in the new house.
In this case, the only common person is the driver. You can use the rates given above to tip your movers in Toronto. However, tipping long-distance movers might be more costly, but it should be within your budget.
- Must You Tip the Movers?
Movers Toronto is certainly paid by the moving company, so most do not expect a tip from the company they are working for. However, they are doing the hard task of helping you move, and a small token would come a long way for them to feel appreciated for the work they do. It is a way of showing gratitude. Although you might feel like you are paying the company extra money, this is not the case because movers do the most job than the other crew because they are more hands-on and deal directly with the clients.
- When To Consider Tipping Movers
It is important to pay attention to how you treat your staff, and movers are not an exception. They are doing a lot of work and it will be kind if you recognized them for it. Also, look at how they do their job and how they interact with you when packing and unpacking. You can consider tipping if you notice they are;
- Handling fragile stuff more carefully
- If there are many stairs for moving the items, or if the new house has a flight of stairs.
- Doing things faster
- They are friendly to you and your pets during the move.
- They offer to arrange the new house for you, according to how you want your things to be arranged.
- You Can Consider Not Tipping If;
- The movers show up late
- If they are not careful with how they handle things around the house. Some will destroy walls with furniture, or break expensive things like electronics.
- Place things in places they are not supposed to. Some movers in Toronto place boxes labeled upstairs in the downstairs because they don’t want to tire doing all the work
- Spending a lot of time to move the items into your new house. Some idle and lazy around until it is late and this can piss you off.