OB/GYN deals with the issues concerning women’s reproductive organs, which include pregnancy, childbirth, menstruation, hormonal disorders, and sexually transmitted infections. Most people prefer visiting a well-woman clinic than a family doctor who handles general issues. If you prefer getting your OB/GYN care from an expert who understands the complexities of female reproduction, you can opt for Dr. Torres OBGYN, who holds the idea of OB/GYN care for women, by women.
When to See an OB/GYN Specialist
It is prudent to see an OB/GYN caregiver once a year for an annual screening, but most people would wait until they have issues in their reproductive system. It is also worth seeing an OB/GYN specialist once you have pelvic or vaginal pain, abnormal growth, itching on the sexual organs, or the abnormal bleeding from the uterus.
Conditions That Can Be Treated By OB/GYN Care Giver
· Issues related to fertility, pregnancy, menopause, and menstruation
· Help with family planning issues such as contraception, sterilization, and termination of pregnancy
· Help with problems that affect the tissues, muscles, and ligaments supporting the pelvic organs
· Help diagnose and treat STI’s and teach patients on the STI preventive measures
· Deal with polycystic ovary syndrome
· Treat urinary and fecal incontinence
· Treat benign conditions along with the reproductive system issues such as cysts, fibroids, vulvar ulcers, and other non-cancerous changes. In addition to dealing with benign growth in the reproductive organs, they help deal with breast disorders.
· Diagnose and treat endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, sexual dysfunction.
· Help patients understand their sexuality such as same-sex and bisexual relationships
· They also deal with emergency care related to gynecology
At What Age Should You See An OB/GYN Expert?
An OB/GYN caregiver can help deal with issues facing women of all ages, and once you hit puberty, it is prudent to see a caregiver. If you build a relationship with your doctor, you become comfortable asking questions concerning the reproductive organs, and the earlier you start, the better it is for you. You will be better informed about your menstruation and sexuality, and this is a step to achieve a healthy sexual life. The early you start with your doctor, it becomes easier for the doctor to guide you throughout life as they will note changes and help deal with emergent issues effectively.
What to Expect When You Visits OB/GYN
What happens when you visit an OB/GYN depends on the issues you have at hand, but in most cases, you will start by chatting with the doctor about your general health details. You should expect to get an honest account of your reproductive health concerns. An OB/GYN caregiver might conduct an exam that could include a pap smear that helps with correct diagnosis and treatment of your condition.
The Bottom Line
An OB/GYN can help a patient diagnose and treat issues affecting the female reproductive system as well as give guidance on pregnancy, childbirth, and menstruation. The earlier you start seeing an OB/GYN, the better it will be in getting a diagnosis and life-changing advice. It is also prudent to see a doctor once every year for an annual check-up that helps deal with issues at an initial stage, helping you lead a healthy life.