Bongs are the traditional way to enjoy a smoking session. But, it could be a little intimidating for newbies. The key is to learn how to use is correctly, so that you have the smoothest smoking sessions, says BomDiggidy, a leading online retailer of custom water pipes, acrylic bongs and more.
So, here are some tips to help you.
Tips to Hit the Bong Like a Pro
Although smoking a bong is not a tough task, you still need to know a few basics before you begin.
- Although all of them function the same way, you could choose from standard sized ones or mini glass ones, based on your preference. Acrylic bongs and acrylic water pipes come in a variety of colors, so you can even take your pick from great custom glass bongs.
- The size of the bowl is important. If you plan to take a small hit, use a large bowl and if not, use a small one. This is because when the bowl is small, the herb burns better due to concentrated smoke. In larger bowls, there is more airflow, which does not produce concentrated smoke.
- Grind the herb finely so that there are no big chunks. This will ensure that you have an easier and even burn throughout.
- Make sure you are using clean water every time. Avoid putting excess water because ideally you are not supposed to fill it up completely. Put just enough water so that the stem is submerged to about half an inch.
- If you want to try something different, you can use fluids other than water, such as pineapple juice, for a completely different flavor.
- Make it a habit to practice deep breathing each time before beginning the process to ensure a good supply of oxygen. This will enhance your ability to breathe better by opening up your lungs and will help you to take large hits easily.
- While at it, you are most likely to cough because you get dehydrated and your mouth gets dry. Make sure you don’t start drinking water midway. You can use chewing gum to produce more saliva and form moisture inside your mouth.
- While inhaling, make sure your lips are inside the mouthpiece properly before you light up the herbs. While releasing the smoke, be slow and control the smoke to prevent coughing or choking.
- When you inhale the smoke, you can hold it for as long as you possibly can to get the best experience from it. After you exhale, you might feel a head rush or want to cough badly or just feel lightheaded. These are the obvious consequences and prove that you’ve had a good hit.
If you are a first time smoker, remember that nobody ever died of weed overdose. Even if you have taken a massive hit and felt super uneasy, you will be fine after some time. However, it is best to start slow and assess your limits for a completely satisfying experience.