As the general knowledge about male to female surgeries, it’s a process of converting and reshaping male anatomy to female anatomy. But, there are far more fascinating facts that we should be aware of about male to female surgeries.
In 2015, more than the estimated 700,000 Americans have chosen to undergo male to female surgeries.
Meanwhile, in July 2019, the Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery released estimated rates for the male to female patients amounting to $25,600 for working on the genitals only. For the female to male surgery by the best plastic surgeon in Columbus Ohio, converting the genitals has an estimated amount of $24,900.
We’ve rounded up 11 fascinating facts about Gender Reassignment Surgery without further ado.
- People who plan to have the male to female surgeries cannot immediately go through the procedure. Thus, people who want to undergo male to female surgeries must set an appointment with a mental health professional for psychotherapy and diagnosis. Once the patient passes the gender identity disorder diagnosis, they will receive a recommendation letter from the therapist to be a good candidate for the plastic surgery Houston.
- A male who wishes to transition to a woman will receive estrogen and anti-androgens. The estrogen and anti-androgens will help the patient reduce the male body pattern like facial hair growth and morning erections.
- The testicles are removed to form a vaginoplasty or vagina during the male to female surgery. If there is a skin shortage to create vaginoplasty, the surgeon will have to transplant the skin, known as skin grafting, from the patient’s thighs and hips.
- For individuals that would like to have female to male surgery or vice versa, it would be expensive to have it in Germany with a total investment of $65,600, Israel at an average cost of $50,000, while Taiwan and the flagbearer when it comes to medical tourism have the same price for a female to male surgeries of $12,000.
- Every week, about 1 in 30,000 males chose to have top surgery ftm surgeries in the United States of America, while 1 in 1000,000 female residents get the sex reassignment. There are almost 20,000 male to female surgeries that took place among Americans.
- People who underwent female to male surgeries or transsexuals have testified that their quality of life has improved despite social expectations and discriminations towards them. After 15 years,transsexuals patients also confessed that their quality of life is similar to that of post-surgical patients.
- Alan L. Hart, or Alberta Lucille Hart, who happened to be a Tuberculosis Researcher, Writer, and Radiologist by profession, is one of the first people in the United States who had female to male surgery in the U.S.
- Masturbation rates have increased to transsexual patients. Trans men have a higher frequency rate than trans women due to the surge of libido that caused them to withdraw from gender dysphoria.
- The support for the male to female surgeries patients has increased by 62% in the year 2019 compared to 10 years ago, where they only received one-quarter of support from people in the United States. Male to female surgery patients and vice versa are being characterized as sexually predatory, socially deviant, and worst, as mentally ill people.
- A surgeon will include Metoidioplasty to a patient who wishes to undergo female to male surgery. Metoidioplasty is constructing a neopenis or penis to a woman by birth.
In this procedure, the surgeon will remove the vagina. To make the urethra and position the penis properly, the surgeon will have to use tissues from the patient’s labia minora cheek and some parts of the vagina. This process will eventually help the female to male surgery patient to urinate while standing like a normal man. The Metoidioplasty procedure can take approximately 2 to 5 hours.
- For a female to male surgery patients with smaller breasts, transareolar technique is included in the sex reassignment. This type of surgical procedure results in an immediate reduction of the nipple to remove breasts. Simultaneously, the same process of reducing nipples for women with a cup b size is called the Concentric circular technique.
As an additional technique during the sex reassignment in the breast part, the surgeon may have to perform the extended concentric circular technique to remove wrinkles and skin excess around the areola.
Male To Female Surgery
While it is not known to many, male to female surgery patients should stay at the hospital within 10 to 12 days. He can only do light physical work in a matter of 4 to 6 weeks, while he can start doing some strenuous work like exercise by 6 to 8 weeks after the surgery.
The surgeon will stretch the vagina walls using dilators at least twice a week after the sex reassignment until the process reaches 13 weeks in a row. This application will keep the patient’s newly constructed vagina to be open and flexible as desired.
Female to Male Surgery
Compared to the previous type of surgery, the recovery of female to male surgery patients is faster. The patient is allowed to do light physical work within two weeks, and she only needs to stay at the hospital for about 5 to 6 days after the procedure. Surgical sutures will be removed within the week.
As the general rules for patients who will undergo female to male surgery or vice versa, the patient is strictly advised to quit smoking before the surgery. In addition to that, nicotine slows down the recovery process, as nipple tissues are sensitive.
How To Know If You Can Have The Sex Reassignment?
· If planning to have the sex reassignment or even breast augmentation surgery Houston, patients should not be under 18 years old hence, they should not be over 60 years old.
· You are not dealing with mental stress or depression.
· You are not a heavy smoker and alcoholic.
· You passed the Therapist’s assessment.
Healthcare Business Today is a leading online publication that covers the business of healthcare. Our stories are written from those who are entrenched in this field and helping to shape the future of this industry. Healthcare Business Today offers readers access to fresh developments in health, medicine, science, and technology as well as the latest in patient news, with an emphasis on how these developments affect our lives.