Why should you eat fiber? Fiber is one of the food ingredients that must be included in your diet.It is indigestible because it is resistant to enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract.By regulating the digestive process, it allows the proper functioning of the digestive tract and is an important element of healthy eating.
Outline of fiber actions
The beneficial effect of fiber in your body is beyond doubt. Although fiber in itself does not provide you with any nutrients, its effects have an invaluable effect on healthy eating and functioning of your body. In fact, what do you need?
Fiber supports the development of beneficial intestinal bacteria, thanks to which you gain general immunity of the body, as if you were taking prebiotics, which are substances stimulating the immune system.
Absorbing water, fiber fills the stomach, making you longer sated, compared with food without fiber. Passing through the intestines, the fecal mass absorbs water, increases its volume, dilutes, which in turn speeds up the elimination of undigested food remains.
What is important, fiber is involved in the prevention of diseases such as atherosclerosis, obesity, diabetes, cholelithiasis. It helps eliminate toxins from the body, bile acids (which the liver uses for the production of cholesterol), heavy metals and even carcinogens.
Insufficient amount of fiber causes frequent constipation, which may cause varicose veins, appendicitis, polyps or colorectal cancer. Fiber in the gut supports the development of beneficial bacteria that support the absorption of nutrients and the production of intestinal acids responsible for cancer resistance.
Fiber binds cholesterol supplied with food and reduces its absorption and increases excretion in the feces, removes bile acids necessary for the synthesis of cholesterol in the liver. Some varieties of fiber are different. And so wheat bran have a slight effect on cholesterol levels, while pectin contained in apples, cherries, carrots and other plants, removes cholesterol from the digestive system. Oats have a similar effect.
By delaying the breakdown of carbohydrates, it regulates the blood glucose, which in turn reduces the secretion of insulin, so that the blood sugar does not hesitate, and hence – you do not get sudden hunger or an appetite for sweets.
Fiber is an important element of healthy eating.
The fiber-rich products are
– wholemeal flour and its products wholemeal bread, mixed rye bread, graham bread, crisp bread;
– thick barley and buckwheat groats, brown rice;
– wheat, oat, corn, rye flakes;
– bran wheat, rye, oat;
– all, but the most of fiber is contained in raw vegetabkes the peel;
the richest in fiber are
– legume seeds beans, peas, green peas, lentils, beans;
– white cabbage, red, Italian, brussel sprouts;
– root beets, carrots, swedes, potatoes in uniforms, celery, parsley root, horseradish, garlic;
– cauliflower, turnip, kohlrabi, dried boletus, string bean, soy.
– all, but the most contain raw, eaten with peel and fine stones;
the most rich in fiber are
– small-berry blackberries, raspberries, currants, strawberries, gooseberries, blackberries;
– plums, cranberries, apples, pears, lemons, apricots;
– dried fruit plums, figs, apricots, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, peaches;
Healthcare Business Today is a leading online publication that covers the business of healthcare. Our stories are written from those who are entrenched in this field and helping to shape the future of this industry. Healthcare Business Today offers readers access to fresh developments in health, medicine, science, and technology as well as the latest in patient news, with an emphasis on how these developments affect our lives.