Energy drinks have become the new pick-me-ups if you’re feeling down during the day. For a variety of reasons, energy drinks are gradually replacing beverages such as coffee. Today’s energy drinks come in a wide range of flavors. It’s natural to wonder what caused such a surge in the energy drink market and to be perplexed as to how you should choose your energy drink. This is precisely what we will be discussing today.
If you want to know the reasons for the popularity of energy drinks and want to get help choosing your own, then keep reading!
The Reason Behind Popularity of Energy Drinks
No matter which supermarket you go to, you’ll see a section for energy drinks there. This demonstrates how popular energy drinks have become over time. But, what could be the reason for the craze for energy drinks? There are many, and here are a few of them:
- More Energy: The first advantage is, of course, the most obvious. Drinking energy drinks makes you feel alert, awake, and productive.
- Multiple Flavours: Energy drinks are beneficial for people who want a caffeine boost but don’t like coffee or tea because they come in a variety of flavors. Energy drinks are available in a variety of flavors and options.
- More affordable: Most energy drinks are cheaper than a Starbucks or any other good-quality coffee. Energy drinks make for an affordable alternative to coffee. Some brands are only $1, and during special promotions, convenience stores frequently offer popular brands at 2 for $3.
- Lower Calories: While black coffee has no calories, few people drink it that way; instead, they add sugar, milk, cream, or even butter to enhance the flavor. Unless you are on a ketogenic diet, coffee or your caffeine drink of choice is an easy place to reduce calories. There are numerous zero-calorie energy drinks on the market that provide caffeine without the calories or sugar.
- Easy to make: Like coffee, energy drinks do not need to be flavored or warmed up, making them a convenient RTD caffeine option. If you’re lazy, energy drinks will be suitable for you. You only need to pick up a can for that caffeine boost.
How to Choose an Energy Drink?
With such a wide variety of energy drinks available in the market, you may wonder which one to choose. Here are a few key factors you must look at before choosing an energy drink for yourself.
No Added Sugar Content
Trust us; you do not want to keep drinking sugary energy drinks. Many energy drinks are high in sugar, which isn’t the most effective way to increase your energy. In fact, too much sugar can make you feel sluggish or cause an energy crash.
Energy drinks with a lot of sugar will give you a lot of energy in a short amount of time. This, however, can be extremely dangerous to your health. Increased blood sugar levels cause more oxidative stress and inflammation, leading to a variety of chronic illnesses.
According to one study, more than 2 servings of an extremely sweet energy drink can increase your risk of getting diabetes by 26%. However, several energy drink brands on the market provide sugar-free, healthy energy drinks that can be consumed safely. Many people opt for an energy drink right before their workouts – staying sugar-free helps them train more consistently, while ditching the easy calories invariably helps with weight loss.
No Artificial Content
Out of the many options on the market, many energy drinks contain artificial ingredients, chemical coloring, and preservatives. As if the high sugar content wasn’t enough, many energy drinks use artificial flavoring and bright colors as a marketing ploy. Fortunately, a few drinks on the market today don’t contain any junk ingredients while still providing you with the energy you require. Those are the ones you should be consuming.
Overall Cost and Efficiency
Many energy drinks are costly but do not give you a great result. You can find the best product for the least amount of money. Read customer reviews to get a well-rounded picture of what people think of the energy drink in question in terms of effectiveness. You should also try out a few different drinks to determine which one is the best for you. For example, an energy drink called “Reign” has a reputation for tasting terrible among people. Similarly, a lot of people find “Monster” to be expensive yet totally worth the money.
Amount of Caffeine
Caffeine is a crucial component in nearly all energy drinks. Caffeine in excess can, however, be dangerous over time. As a result, the energy drink you end up consuming must contain no more than 300 milligrams of caffeine. Keep in mind that the acceptable dietary caffeine intake is no more than 400 milligrams. Keep this in mind because caffeine is addictive and can lead to you consuming more than the daily recommended intake, which is hazardous to human health.
Additional Nutritional Advantages
Most energy drinks on the market today include additional nutrients that provide additional health benefits in addition to the energy boost. An energy drink can effectively boost your health as well as your energy with the right combination of ingredients. Some of the commonly used ingredients in energy drinks that are beneficial to your overall health include taurine, guarana, ginseng, L-carnitine, vitamin B6, and vitamin B3.
Energy drinks can be beneficial supplements for people who want to boost their energy and focus or get through a slump. You must look at what your energy drink contains before you consume one. Choose the best energy drink for your needs, but keep in mind that there are alternatives if you don’t like the idea of energy drinks. Whatever you choose, make sure it fulfills your objectives!