One of the best features in a person is their smile. Some studies show that smiling can reduce stress, improve mood, and even slow your ageing process. However, smiling can also be the biggest insecurity for some people, especially those who have problems with their teeth. For them, having a perfect set of teeth is a dream come true.
Thanks to cosmetic dentists, dental veneers are introduced to the public and people who feel insecure about their smiles due to dental problems. It is the perfect solution to fix cracked, chipped, and discolored teeth, which results in a more natural smile. If you find yourself curious about veneers, here’s everything you need to know about them.
No matter where you’re searching for a dentist, Long Beach, New York or Boston, veneers are the perfect solution to fix cracked, chipped, and discolored teeth, which then results in a more natural smile.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells that are placed at the front or more visible side of the teeth. They are mainly used to correct dental issues such as teeth stains, wide-tooth gaps and chipped teeth. Veneers are customizable, meaning you can contact an available Dentist Armadale has to offer to correct your dental issues and improve the look of your smile.
Veneers come in many benefits and require a less invasive procedure. However, if you opt to get dental veneers, it is best to book an appointment for a dental check-up first since veneers will not cure any underlying tooth decay or gum disease. Anyone can be a good candidate for veneers as long as they don’t have any oral problems.
Types of Dental Veneers
Veneers come in different colors and are made of other materials. They are either made of porcelain, ceramic, or composite resin, and each type has its benefits. It is better to consult your dentist to help choose the best material for you. Here is an overview of each veneer material:
- Porcelain: The most common choice for veneer material is porcelain since it is the best option for minimal changes in tooth size, shape, and color. This material type is often thinner and has a much more natural appearance. Porcelain veneers are very durable as they can last up to 15 years and don’t stain that easily.
- Ceramic: The most popular veneer material is ceramic and is often considered the best due to its high durability and natural appearance that almost looks like a real tooth. However, the process of creating ceramic veneers takes time compared to others. Also, tooth sensitivity is a common experience a few days after treatment.
- Composite Resin: A more affordable material for veneer is composite resin. It is made from a tooth-coloured filling material that is adhered to the tooth and doesn’t require as much preparation as the other material types. Despite its affordability, composite veneers are not exceptionally durable and are prone to staining and chipping.
How do Veneers Work?
The veneer making and application are tedious and time-consuming, but they are less invasive than other dental treatments. Usually, cosmetic dentists start by examining your teeth for any superficial flaws. Afterwards, a thin layer of enamel is removed from your teeth so that the veneer shells can fit perfectly and prevent them from looking too thick and unnatural.
Then, cosmetic dentists will take a mold impression of your teeth for easier customization of the veneer shells. Once the customized veneers are ready, dentists will then roughen the surface of each tooth and glue the veneer onto your tooth using dental cement. This procedure continues until each tooth is placed with veneers.
What are the Benefits of Veneers?
Dental Veneers come with other advantages aside from being used for cosmetic treatment. They are a worthwhile investment for dental issues that require invasive procedures. Apart from replacing damaged teeth, other benefits of dental veneers include:
- Low Maintenance: There is no need for special treatment for your teeth after getting dental veneers. Maintenance remains the same as caring for your natural teeth. However, it is still advisable to brush your teeth and floss regularly to maintain better oral health.
- Alternative for Teeth Whitening: Although there is nothing bad about getting teeth whitening treatment regularly, the process can be time-consuming. Hence, dental veneers are an excellent alternative for teeth whitening as they are stain-resistant, saving you the time of constantly seeing your dentist for a teeth whitening treatment.
- Natural Appearance: The result of getting dental veneers looks incredibly natural since they are customized to look and feel natural. No one will even notice that you’ve got cosmetic dental work done unless you tell them.
If you opt for a less invasive dental procedure, fixes discoloration and damaged teeth, and an immediate result, then there is no other reason not to get veneers. Not only does it fix your dental issues, but it also offers a natural appearance and improvement with your smile. With dental veneers, your smile will never be the same again.
The Editorial Team at Healthcare Business Today is made up of skilled healthcare writers and experts, led by our managing editor, Daniel Casciato, who has over 25 years of experience in healthcare writing. Since 1998, we have produced compelling and informative content for numerous publications, establishing ourselves as a trusted resource for health and wellness information. We offer readers access to fresh health, medicine, science, and technology developments and the latest in patient news, emphasizing how these developments affect our lives.