It is important to keep the pests out from home. For this, you should take some preventive measures and go for some sort of treatments, which is collectively known as Integrated Pests Management.
Try to keep the pests out from everywhere:
Just like human beings, pests also need shelter and food to survive. If they will not have any access to these items, then they will automatically get out. All you need to do is written below:
- Try to keep the garbage out of your home. Also, seal the food scraps tightly.
- Never ever leave the pet food out throughout the night. Keep it inside even if you use pesticides. Also, remove the water.
- Don’t let the water stay in trays and pots. Also, check the water leakage. If there is any leakage then call the plumber on time. Because water attracts the pests.
- Don’t forget to remove standing water of rain in gutters, fountains, pots, containers, and buckets. Pests can born in that water.
- Don’t let the water stand in swimming pool. Keep it circulated.
- Close your windows and doors so that bugs will not enter.
- Go for yellow lights rather than ordinary ones. Because ordinary lights attract more pests and mosquitoes.
Use pesticides products properly:
You must take some preventive measures for keeping the pests out of your home. In addition to above-written preventive measures, you should also use bait stations, traps, and pesticide products such as repellents in order to control pests. But be careful while using pesticides if you have kids and pets at your home. Keep them out of reach of children. It can be harmful for them. If you don’t know much about effective pest control products then do following things:
- Do some research on insect repellent products
- Get some info from National Pesticide Information Center
- Contact your local cooperative extension service office.
While buying the pesticides, you will have to take care of some important things. Let’s have an eye on them:
- Never ever buy the pesticides that have no EPA Registration Number on label. It is important for you to do that. EPA registered pesticides are not harmful and already tested. This means, these pesticides are effective and can be used without any worries.
- Don’t only depend on the EPA registered pesticides. You will have to apply them with care so that they don’t harm environment and human health. Every pesticide product has some instructions written on it. You must follow them while using the pesticides.
How to hire a pest control profession?
There are some tips that you must follow while hiring the pest control profession. You can hire a professional if you can’t do this by yourself.
- Go for the best commercial pest control services. For this, you will have to check the license of company.
- Hire a pest control service who have experience in IPM. The services will be more effective.
- If you want more tips regarding pest control service then contact pest control professionals in your area.