As streaming services become more sophisticated every day, servers that can go around geo-restrictions are becoming less effective. But ProtonVPN is still in the race and does what many other VPN services are unable to do. In addition, it shows a great commitment to privacy and never compromises other desired aspects, such as speed, reliability, and security.
ProtonVPN was brought to the market 3 years after the release of ProtonMail; a project was designed to protect those who want secure communication through a private and encrypted email service. But wait! Protect them from what?
In short, you must have heard about arrestments and data harvesting acts throughout history, and expectedly, the most targeted audience are individuals who might share sensitive information, documents, or content, such as journalists, politicians, social activists, or any other individuals with certain economic, social, or political orientation.
ProtonVPN has similar goals to those associated with ProtonMail: maintaining a secure and private connection to the internet, allowing unrestricted access to geo-blocked content, and escaping high censorship imposed by certain authorities.
Does ProtonVPN deliver what it promises?
When we compared ProtonVPN free trial to other services, we found out that it is a good step towards a wiser decision since it allows using all the premium features of the Plus plan and doesn’t require any payment details or credit card information. While many other VPNs require providing more details to try the free trial.
Also, there’s no need to cancel or unsubscribe if you don’t want to upgrade when the free trial ends. On the other hand, you might get charged if you forget to unsubscribe on time, giving ProtonVPN free trial a privilege over many other VPNs.
My ProtonVPN Free Trial Expired: Should I Take It Any Further?
Well, let’s tell you a little about ProtonVPN’s features, and you be the judge. We believe the following points can help you decide whether or not to continue in your subscription:
- In terms of security: ProtonVPN is tailored towards better security, which means if security comes on the top of your priorities, it should be a recommended option for you. Let’s break this point down into the following features:
- True no-log policy: ProtonVPN doesn’t keep any of your information, including email address, passwords, username, or other log-in details. In fact, it’s a feature that you won’t find with any other VPN service, and as we all know, VPNs that keep logs are a more inviting target for hackers and are easily accused of data harvesting.
- Secure protocols: ProtonVPN uses two protocols, IKEv2 and OpenVPN. Both are secure and can guarantee decent speed when connecting to the internet.
- ProtonVPN is based in Switzerland, which is outside the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance; VPN companies based inside the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance are more likely to be monitored and tracked by authorities.
- ProtonVPN Secure Core servers are 1000 meters below the surface in a former Swiss army fallout shelter.
- In terms of streaming: ProtonVPN unblocks the US and UK Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO GO, and Disney+.
- In terms of speed: Based on our tests, ProtonVPN shows consistent high speeds in different regions, thanks to its reliable servers and the Netshield feature that beefs up your device by blocking ads, trackers, and malware.
ProtonVPN is a great option for those who seek a secure and private connection to the internet, and it allows giving it a try within its 30-day money-back guarantee or the 7-day free trial. The free version isn’t very beneficial, though, especially if you want to unblock geo-restricted content or aim for a broader selection of servers.
Healthcare Business Today is a leading online publication that covers the business of healthcare. Our stories are written from those who are entrenched in this field and helping to shape the future of this industry. Healthcare Business Today offers readers access to fresh developments in health, medicine, science, and technology as well as the latest in patient news, with an emphasis on how these developments affect our lives.