People nowadays are more attracted to the fast foods which hold no nutritional value. Meat and fat-containing food items top the list of their most desiring menu. But what about health maintenance?
Are you concerned about your health and want to switch to a healthy diet? Let me tell you; nothing can bet green vegetables in terms of nutritional values. Its intake wards off all the health issues in a jiffy.
There was a time when I never used to touch the green veggies, let alone eating them. I was so picky that my mum had to feed me vegetables sneaking into other foods. But growing up, I realized the significance of veggies. And now, to your surprise, my healthy daily meal always includes leafy vegetables.
Picking the best green veggies for optimum health benefits
Well, I would say green vegetables save your pennies along with serving the health factors. But are you confused about which veggies to choose? No need to get so baffled. I have prepared a list of the best green veggies for health improvement, keeping in mind their nutritional value.
This green spinach ranks number one whenever I think about healthy veggies.Well, let me justify myself with its health benefits:
- It has got antioxidants and thus helps you with glowing skin removing all toxins.
- Spinach reduces cancer risks being rich in beta-carotene and lutein.
- Plenty of vitamins A and K, calcium, and iron are present in a bowl of raw spinach.
- A fitness review reveals that rich in folate, spinaches help in red blood cell development and prevent several pregnancy risks.
Well, are you thinking of a great healthy punch of nutrients? Then I would suggest adding kale is a must to your grocery cart. If you find this green veggie boring, use cool kitchen appliances to make a soup, juice or condiment out of it. Its benefits will amaze you:
- A cup of raw kale contains only seven calories rich in Vitamin A, B6, C, and K. I prefer it for having maximum nutrients at one go.
- Struggling with cholesterol-level? Then I would say this veggie is the best for you.
- Kale reduces bad cholesterol and enhances the good cholesterol.
- Keep your blood pressure and sugar level in control, including this to your healthy food list. Believe me; it proved helpful in my grandpa’s sugar level control.
3. Romaine Lettuce
Romaine is the greener heart of salad. It contains multi-vitamins and nutritional benefits. Let’s check its health factors:
- I would say every dieter dreams of this low-calorie leafy veggie. Because it is packed with minerals like calcium, potassium, and many more.
- Vitamins such as vitamin A, C, and K are amply present.
- Are you above 40 and suffering from bone decay caused by osteoporosis? In such cases, my suggestion would be to take a massive dose of this vegetable to keep your bones strong.
- Having pregnancy complications like premature birth or low birth-weight? Toss a high amount of romaine lettuce in such difficulties as it is rich in folate.
For me, broccoli is a healthy and delicious green vegetable. It has got disease-resistant benefits providing essential nutrients and minerals. Such as
- Meet your whole day vitamin K requirements.
- You know that vitamin C is a daily must-intake. You will be surprised to learn that broccoli provides double the recommended amount of vitamin C.
- It shrinks the cancer risks because of sulforaphane.
- It prevents breast cancer, tumor, and many other chronic diseases.
5. Green peas
Since I am a vegetarian, I always choose green peas as a source of plant-based protein. So if you too are looking for protein instead of meat, how about grabbing this veggie! The benefits it provides are:
- It will charge up your energy with 134 calories per cup being rich in protein, vitamins A, B, K, and C.
- This legume is fibrous, thus helps a healthy bowel movement and other digestive activities.
- Rich in saponins acts as an anti-cancer legume.
Why do I emphasize to add green veggies to your daily menu?
For me, the easiest way to improve wellbeing and health is to ensure a high intake of vegetables. It is because green leafy veggies are abundant in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibers. Besides, its benefits include:
- Gives radiant skin
- Strengthens immunity
- Enhances enzymatic actions
- Essential for proper hydration etc.
Now you know an easy way to boost your immunity with tons of other health benefits. If you’re not a veg lover, I have a fantastic suggestion for you. Don’t eat plain green veggies. Instead, mix it in soups, sauces and other food savored by you. Stay fit and save your money as well!
Healthcare Business Today is a leading online publication that covers the business of healthcare. Our stories are written from those who are entrenched in this field and helping to shape the future of this industry. Healthcare Business Today offers readers access to fresh developments in health, medicine, science, and technology as well as the latest in patient news, with an emphasis on how these developments affect our lives.