People nowadays are more attracted to the fast foods which hold no nutritional value. Meat and fat-containing food items top the list of their most desiring menu. But what about health maintenance?
Are you concerned about your health and want to switch to a healthy diet? Let me tell you; nothing can bet green vegetables in terms of nutritional values. Its intake wards off all the health issues in a jiffy.
There was a time when I never used to touch the green veggies, let alone eating them. I was so picky that my mum had to feed me vegetables sneaking into other foods. But growing up, I realized the significance of veggies. And now, to your surprise, my healthy daily meal always includes leafy vegetables.
Picking the best green veggies for optimum health benefits
Well, I would say green vegetables save your pennies along with serving the health factors. But are you confused about which veggies to choose? No need to get so baffled. I have prepared a list of the best green veggies for health improvement, keeping in mind their nutritional value.
This green spinach ranks number one whenever I think about healthy veggies.Well, let me justify myself with its health benefits:
- It has got antioxidants and thus helps you with glowing skin removing all toxins.
- Spinach reduces cancer risks being rich in beta-carotene and lutein.
- Plenty of vitamins A and K, calcium, and iron are present in a bowl of raw spinach.
- A fitness review reveals that rich in folate, spinaches help in red blood cell development and prevent several pregnancy risks.
Well, are you thinking of a great healthy punch of nutrients? Then I would suggest adding kale is a must to your grocery cart. If you find this green veggie boring, use cool kitchen appliances to make a soup, juice or condiment out of it. Its benefits will amaze you:
- A cup of raw kale contains only seven calories rich in Vitamin A, B6, C, and K. I prefer it for having maximum nutrients at one go.
- Struggling with cholesterol-level? Then I would say this veggie is the best for you.
- Kale reduces bad cholesterol and enhances the good cholesterol.
- Keep your blood pressure and sugar level in control, including this to your healthy food list. Believe me; it proved helpful in my grandpa’s sugar level control.
3. Romaine Lettuce
Romaine is the greener heart of salad. It contains multi-vitamins and nutritional benefits. Let’s check its health factors:
- I would say every dieter dreams of this low-calorie leafy veggie. Because it is packed with minerals like calcium, potassium, and many more.
- Vitamins such as vitamin A, C, and K are amply present.
- Are you above 40 and suffering from bone decay caused by osteoporosis? In such cases, my suggestion would be to take a massive dose of this vegetable to keep your bones strong.
- Having pregnancy complications like premature birth or low birth-weight? Toss a high amount of romaine lettuce in such difficulties as it is rich in folate.
For me, broccoli is a healthy and delicious green vegetable. It has got disease-resistant benefits providing essential nutrients and minerals. Such as
- Meet your whole day vitamin K requirements.
- You know that vitamin C is a daily must-intake. You will be surprised to learn that broccoli provides double the recommended amount of vitamin C.
- It shrinks the cancer risks because of sulforaphane.
- It prevents breast cancer, tumor, and many other chronic diseases.
5. Green peas
Since I am a vegetarian, I always choose green peas as a source of plant-based protein. So if you too are looking for protein instead of meat, how about grabbing this veggie! The benefits it provides are:
- It will charge up your energy with 134 calories per cup being rich in protein, vitamins A, B, K, and C.
- This legume is fibrous, thus helps a healthy bowel movement and other digestive activities.
- Rich in saponins acts as an anti-cancer legume.
Why do I emphasize to add green veggies to your daily menu?
For me, the easiest way to improve wellbeing and health is to ensure a high intake of vegetables. It is because green leafy veggies are abundant in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibers. Besides, its benefits include:
- Gives radiant skin
- Strengthens immunity
- Enhances enzymatic actions
- Essential for proper hydration etc.
Now you know an easy way to boost your immunity with tons of other health benefits. If you’re not a veg lover, I have a fantastic suggestion for you. Don’t eat plain green veggies. Instead, mix it in soups, sauces and other food savored by you. Stay fit and save your money as well!