The field of dentistry has gone through an overhaul in the recent past. Newer technologies have brought about a revolution that has expanded the area in more ways than you can imagine. A time-honored tradition among the younger generation is the braces. Due to the rapid technological improvement products like the Invisalign are giving the traditional braces a run for their money.
In the following article, we will have a look at the various pros and cons of Invisalign concerning the traditional braces to understand which option might suit you better for fixing teeth alignment problems. For the expert guidance and consultation about Invisalign braces, look no further than Doctor Jennifer Minneapolis Invisalign.
The traditional braces are large and clunky metal trays to align your teeth properly. The entire brace is held in place with the help of glue and rubber–bands. Yes, they are useful, but it does make the wearer uncomfortable and self-conscious in gatherings and parties.
- Traditional braces are easy to adjust according to the alignment of the individual’s jaw.
- The metal braces have a high degree of success rate for correcting the over-bite, under-bite and even the cross-bite symptoms.
- Another advantage of the metal braces is the security since these are immovable and tightly secured to the teeth of the individual.
- A significant disadvantage of the traditional braces is the unsightly nature of the device. This undermines the effectiveness of the brace as most users opt not to wear one in public.
- Metal braces leads to occasional dental and gum pains.
- You need regular tightening sessions with a metal brace which translates to taking the time out of your weekly schedule.
- The maintenance and the cleaning of the metal braces are very tedious and time-consuming.
- There might be the excessive build-up of plaque or tartar when metal braces are used for a long time.
It is a cosmetic dental procedure where dental aligners are custom designed and fitted. Invisalign is gaining popularity in the mainstream due to various advantages on offer.
- You get quick and effective results as opposed to the metal braces. Users of Invisalign need to wear the brace for 6-8 months whereas for metal braces the duration of treatment is around two years.
- Invisalign gives you quick and easy access to practice your dental hygiene of brushing and flossing.
- When you have metal braces, you can enjoy certain food items, but the removability of Invisalign enables you to take off your brace, enjoy your meal and put them back on, all in a jiffy.
- The temporary Invisalign alignment tray needs to be replaced frequently which ensures your teeth is straightened faster than traditional braces.
- The alignment tray is custom designed and fitted on to your dentures which means you get a complete pain free treatment for the entire duration of the Invisalign brace usage.
- Since the Invisalign braces are removable, you have to maintain it carefully as it might get lost after you have removed it.
That concludes our list of pros and cons regarding traditional braces and Invisalign. Which one would you go for?
The Editorial Team at Healthcare Business Today is made up of skilled healthcare writers and experts, led by our managing editor, Daniel Casciato, who has over 25 years of experience in healthcare writing. Since 1998, we have produced compelling and informative content for numerous publications, establishing ourselves as a trusted resource for health and wellness information. We offer readers access to fresh health, medicine, science, and technology developments and the latest in patient news, emphasizing how these developments affect our lives.