Almost every modern clinic or center has its own website. It is extremely convenient and practical. It makes it much easier for potential patients to familiarize themselves with the list of procedures and make an appointment online. Therefore, the healthcare marketing of the website of a medical clinic in search engines using SEO tools is in great demand, though with some nuances.
Technically, the marketing mechanism of medical services is no different from that for other businesses. However, there is a feature that should be focused on – that is content. Search engines are wary of medical and treatment publications because they consider this information to have potential to impact the health or safety of the user. That is why much more requirements are imposed on them.
Well-chosen content strategy will increase the trust of the visitors to your medical institution. Low quality texts can cause irreparable damage to your reputation on the Web and not only.
So what are the main stages of the marketing of a medical institution and its website:
- Marketing analysis. At the initial stage, it is very important to study the main competitors and your target audience with their needs and demands. “These days, there are a number reasonably priced competitor analysis online tools that have interesting information on most industries and niches,” comments Ruban Selvanayagam of UK property buying firm Property Solvers.
- Full technical audit of the website to identify errors that definitely need to be corrected as soon as possible.
- Collecting a semantic core or expanding an existing one. At this stage, the specialist selects the maximum number of relevant keywords so that in the future you can receive an influx of users from more landing pages. Competition in this niche is very high. so it is better to give preference to md-frequency requests and detail them. For example, in most cases, people are looking for a medical service or procedure in a specific city, near their home, so be sure to add the name of the city, district, and others to the keywords. You can add specialization or hospital profile to keywords.
- Optimization and improvements. The problems identified during the audit must necessarily be eliminated – this will lead to an increase in the ranking of the resource.
- Content creation. This is a very responsible and most important stage, which should be taken very seriously. The content must necessarily be unique, useful, and reliable from a medical point of view. Also if your center offers a variety of procedures of different directions or the reception of doctors of different profiles, take care of a logical hierarchy and arrangement of sections.
So a potential patient will quickly orientate himself and find the information he is interested in. Otherwise, a person will simply go to competitors with a more elaborate structure of pages.
- Get registered on relevant forums and directories. Not all patients will be looking for a medical institution or a specialist in search engines like Google. Some of them are searching for healthcare specialists on relevant forums and directories. Here is an example of the medical profile of Professor of medicine, Dr. Simon Stertzer on Topio Networks. Make sure that your medical practice is presented on all popular healthcare websites.
- External optimization. Includes the publication of articles on third-party resources with the obligatory indication of a link to your resource. This contributes to an increase in rankings in the search results, as well as an increase in organic traffic.
Marketing of medical websites is slightly different from marketing in other areas of business, so it is best to experiment as little as possible in this area. Mistakes can damage the reputation of your facility.
Healthcare Business Today is a leading online publication that covers the business of healthcare. Our stories are written from those who are entrenched in this field and helping to shape the future of this industry. Healthcare Business Today offers readers access to fresh developments in health, medicine, science, and technology as well as the latest in patient news, with an emphasis on how these developments affect our lives.