Everyone knows that the work of truckers is difficult and tedious. You need to constantly watch the road, spend most of the time sitting and not seeing your family for a long time. But, other problems aren’t talked about. Judging by the truck dispatching service survey from this site, many drivers complain about their meals. It’s very easy to start eating only fast food, snacks, and sparkling water.
Studies show that in the long run, this has a bad effect on human health. More than half of drivers have problems with excess weight, and this leads to cardiovascular diseases. In this article, we will analyze the meals and give useful recommendations on food.
Breakfast of the truck driver
Many people neglect breakfast, believing that half the day can be spent without food. Yet, such a decision provokes unhealthy snacks and large meals later. It turned out that many drivers ignore breakfast, unfortunately. To prevent this from happening, never forget about breakfast. What you can eat:
- fruits that are rich in vitamins and taste (apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries);
- oatmeal — now there are instant cereals. Pour boiling water over the oatmeal and a healthy breakfast is ready;
- hard-boiled eggs. You can find them at the gas station, and cook them yourself in the truck;
- yogurt and muesli is a healthy and fast breakfast that you can find at any store on the way.
Lunch should be healthy, satisfying, and delicious. It is tempting to go to a cafe and get fast food there, but nothing good will come from such food. It’s much better to take care of lunch yourself, as it said on this site of truck dispatching service. What foods are suitable for this meal:
- turkey, duck, or chicken meat is an excellent substitute for fatty and fried pork or beef meat;
- nuts and cheese are a great addition to meat, especially these products are rich in healthy fats;
- quinoa and rice are those cereals that are easy to cook, and they will be an excellent and light side dish;
- fresh vegetables. By adding them to your lunch, you will get vitamins and trace elements faster.
Dinner is a reward after a hard day’s work. You shouldn’t overeat them, because otherwise, you won’t be able to sleep well. The last meal should be light, tasty, and healthy. What to add to it:
- quinoa and vegetables are combined into a healthy dinner that will saturate you and give you a sense of lightness;
- tortillas can be used instead of bread, and lettuce leaves and boiled meat wrapped in them;
- beef or tuna sandwiches are delicious and healthy dinners, which can also be prepared quickly.
The Editorial Team at Healthcare Business Today is made up of skilled healthcare writers and experts, led by our managing editor, Daniel Casciato, who has over 25 years of experience in healthcare writing. Since 1998, we have produced compelling and informative content for numerous publications, establishing ourselves as a trusted resource for health and wellness information. We offer readers access to fresh health, medicine, science, and technology developments and the latest in patient news, emphasizing how these developments affect our lives.