The use of medical marijuana, which is prescribed for various diseases and disorders, from rheumatism and cancer to glaucoma and insomnia, is gaining momentum across the globe. A report published in one of the most reputable medical journals in 2013 reveals that over 92% of patients (about 7,500 people surveyed) who were taking medical marijuana confirmed its beneficial effect in treating various diseases. The largest demographic group that participated in the study was seniors.
What Is Delta 8 THC?
The massive growth in cannabis consumption for medical purposes is mainly due to the positive benefits of cannabinoids contained in the plant. Delta 8 THC is one of them.
Its most common form that older patients can use is edibles like Delta 8 gummies from Hometown Hero. Delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found in hemp. It is extracted from the plants and added to other products to produce the desired effect.
Delta 8 and Delta 9 are two compounds that have very similar properties and effects. Their molecular structures are almost identical except for a few atomic bonds. Since Delta-8 exists only in small percentages, its concentrated products are highly valued for their unique effects and multiple areas of use.
Is Delta 8 legal?
Hometown Hero’s gummies are made from Delta-8 extracted from the hemp plant and federally legal in any amount or concentration. These edibles will become a perfect choice for those individuals who would like to plunge into the world of medical cannabis and feel a legal “high” in the form of relaxation, calmness, and a slight sense of euphoria.
Benefits of Using Delta-8 for Seniors
People have been using cannabis as a medicinal raw material for thousands of years (according to some sources — over 3,000 years). Its consumption is justified due to its analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antispasmodic, and anticonvulsant effects. When used in seniors, Delta-8 allows them to relax their bodies and feel uplifted without an uncontrolled high.
Delta 8 has multiple beneficial properties and helps with the following conditions and diseases:
- Delta-8 products are highly effective in treating cancer and controlling side effects such as nausea and vomiting caused by more traditional forms of treatment.
- The substance has the power to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Consumption of Delta-8 foods influences many gastrointestinal processes through the endocannabinoid system, providing anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive, and antisecretory effects to address eating disorders.
- This THC isomer is good at managing insomnia, and it ensures a better, longer, and more restful sleep.
- By boosting the production of the hormone ghrelin responsible for appetite, Delta-8 acts as an appetite stimulant for patients with cancer and other diseases, for example, anorexia.
- It is also seen as a magic pill to deliver relaxation and tranquility within the treatment of depressive conditions.
- People can consume the substance to enhance their general sense of well-being.
So, marijuana makes older people feel healthier and more productive. It relieves symptoms of depression and improves overall well-being. Due to its potency and stability, Delta-8 is considered an extremely valuable cannabis-derived chemical. The advantages of the distillate are equally beneficial, no matter whether you are a medical or recreational user.
Is Delta-8 Safe?
Delta-8 is completely safe to consume in any form. Found naturally in both cannabis and hemp plants, it is just one of many beneficial cannabinoids.
Hometown Hero’s delta edibles are a safe substitution for prescription drugs (opioids, etc.) for seniors, and they have no adverse effects. Delta-8 consumption objectively improves the quality of life in many painful conditions. The relaxing effect of this extract helps to manage pain, anxiety, and stress without strong pain relievers like opiates and benzodiazepines. The oral use of Delta 8 edibles provides a prolonged and safe effect.
Today, more and more countries are allowing the medicinal and recreational use of marijuana. In the cannabis market, Delta-8 edibles (in particular, gummies, cereal crunchy squares, capsules, etc.) are gaining popularity and obtaining more recognition as a trend of canna health products. They are suitable for all cannabis users — for CBD lovers if they want to try something more powerful and for those who prefer THC if they want to experience the medical advantages of marijuana with milder psychoactive effects.