The proportion and shape of your buttocks are crucial factors for a well-proportioned and attractive body. With BBL surgery, a skilled cosmetic surgeon can utilize specialized fat transfer methods to accomplish a fuller and rounder buttock outline.
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
BBL surgery is a specialized fat transfer technique that augments the shape and size of the buttocks without implants. Excess fat is removed from the thighs, lower back, abdomen, or hips with liposuction, and part of this fat is then strategically injected into your buttocks.
Why have a BBL surgery?
The proportion and shape of a person’s buttocks are essentially determined by genetics; both how your body stores excess fat and your skeletal structure influence the appearance of your lower body. Exercise and a healthy diet can assist in accomplishing a healthy body weight, but many individuals remain displeased with flat buttocks that lack shape regardless of a healthy lifestyle.
A Brazilian butt lift surgery can assist in overcoming the impacts of genetics by reshaping your buttocks and the surrounding areas, such as the thighs, lower back, and hips. A Brazilian butt lift can assist you in:
- Augmenting the curves of your lower body
- Reducing the fat deposits on your hips, belly, or thighs while enhancing the fullness of your buttocks
- Helping clothing fit more pleasantly
- Providing a more aesthetically pleasing and youthful shape to flat buttocks
- Enhancing the overall proportions of your body by enhancing the balance between your lower and upper body.
Who are the ideal candidates for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
A BBL surgery can be an excellent option for enhancing the size and shape of your buttocks, but some patients are better suited to the procedure, and it is crucial to have credible expectations about the procedure, outcomes, and recovery. Generally, you are a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift if:
- You want to augment your buttocks without implants
- You have a suitable skin tone in the buttocks and hips
- You have sufficient fat stores in other areas to extract for injection into the buttocks
- You are willing to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for some weeks
What does Brazilian Butt Lift surgery involve?
Three basic steps are involved in Brazilian butt lift:
- Your doctor removes fat from the abdomen, thighs, lower back, hips, and other areas using liposuction
- The removed fat is then purified and prepared for transfer
- Your surgeon then injects the fat into specific points on your buttocks to enhance the volume and shape
The procedure is typically done in an outpatient setting using local anesthesia and intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. It is common for a part of the injected fat not to take in its new location – our experienced cosmetic surgeon from Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute will take this into account and might initially inject a slightly larger amount of fat into the buttocks than is required to ensure your ultimate outcome accomplishes your goals.
Recovering after your Brazilian Butt Lift
Having a BBL surgery needs some special modifications during recovery. While pain is usually minimal and easily controlled using pain medications, you are not supposed to sit or lie directly on your buttocks for about two weeks after the procedure. You will be sleeping on your side or stomach. After the two weeks, your surgeon will allow you to sit in ways that avoid pressure on the butt. Normal sitting is typically allowed after two months or so. Provided you follow your surgeon’s instructions, you should be able to get to work within 10 to 14 days.
To learn more about Brazilian butt lift surgery, contact Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute today for a consultation.