Dermatologists use the most effective solutions in treating skin wrinkles. Surprisingly, there are many ways to get a smoother and younger looking skin. You just need to know what causes skin wrinkles and prevent them or treat your wrinkles earlier using effective remedies. For instance, SkinDC Botox specialists, advise early treatment to ensure that your skin regains its earlier smoothness and good texture. There are many dermatology-recommended remedies that work like a charm and will leave your skin looking exceptional.
What Are Wrinkles?
Wrinkles are those folds, creases, or ridges in your skin. Normally, they appear as you get older, but also come about if you spend a lot of time in the water. The first time they appear on your face, it’s due to facial expressions.
However, sun damage, medications, dehydration, smoking, genetic and environmental factors affect where and when you develop wrinkles. These wrinkles appear in parts of your body receiving the most sun exposure such as arms, back of your hands, neck, and face. People spend money on medications and remedies that delay or remove wrinkles.
Causes of Skin Wrinkles
Wrinkles are part of the body’s natural aging process. As you get older, your skin grows thinner, less elastic, and drier. The ability of the skin to protect itself diminishes leading to creases on your skin. Facial expressions like repeated frowning, smiling, or squinting can lead to wrinkles or fine lines even at a younger age.
However, when you are young, your skin can spring back, but as you grow older, your skin loses that flexibility. It becomes hard to spring back resulting in permanent grooves.
Environmental causes and factors like sunlight rays that enter your skin through outdoor activities, sunbathing and tanning booths increase the chances of your skin developing wrinkles earlier.
UV light breaks down the elastic fibers and collagen in your skin. The fibers are part of the connective tissue under the skin surface which supports your skin. If the layers break, your skin becomes less flexible and weaker. As a result, wrinkles start appearing and your skin droops.
Wearing hats, long sleeves, and clothes covering your body delays the development of wrinkles. People working in outdoor areas can get wrinkles earlier than those who work indoors. Examples of such jobs include golfers, fishing, sailors, farming, gardeners, beach lifeguards, etc.
Regular smoking also accelerates skin aging as there is a reduction in blood supply to your skin. Alcohol dehydrates your skin and dry skin wrinkles easily.
Treatment of Wrinkles
There are several known treatment options:
- A dermatologist can use Botox. This is a type of injection that smooths your skin. The injection relaxes your skin muscles. The dermatologist can combine other cosmetic treatments to make the skin muscles relax naturally and give you back the smooth and good texture you desire.
- Vitamin A can also be administered to reduce skin roughness, fine lines, and pigmentation.
- You can also buy wrinkle creams over the counter. The creams have active ingredients like copper peptides, antioxidants, hydroxy acids, coenzyme Q10, and kinetin which are useful in eliminating wrinkles.
- Laser therapy works effectively. A laser facial rejuvenation treatment destroys the outer skin layer using a laser beam while heating up the underlying skin to stimulate the development of collagen fibers.
- Chemical peels use a chemical solution to shed off the dead skin layer. The regenerated skin is smoother and less wrinkled.
- A facelift is a kind of cosmetic surgery that makes you look younger by removing excess facial fat and skin while tightening the underlying tissues.
Prevention of Wrinkles
Aging is natural and it happens to everybody over time. However, to prevent wrinkles:
- Avoid too much sun exposure or wear protective clothing, sunscreens, and hats.
- Quit smoking to contain acceleration of aging.
- Avoid consuming too much alcohol as it dehydrates your skin and body.
- Have ample sleep, at least 7 hours, and engage in regular exercise for a healthy body and good skin quality.
Nobody can run from aging, but you can slow it down by following the preventive measures. Also, seek reliable treatment from a dermatologist. Eat healthy foods and have enough sleep. Contact a dermatologist for further consultation regarding skin conditions and wrinkles.
Healthcare Business Today is a leading online publication that covers the business of healthcare. Our stories are written from those who are entrenched in this field and helping to shape the future of this industry. Healthcare Business Today offers readers access to fresh developments in health, medicine, science, and technology as well as the latest in patient news, with an emphasis on how these developments affect our lives.