Appetite suppressants help in losing weight by reducing the production of appetite-inducing hormones. They boost the fullness hormones in your body. They are effective, more so if the cause of your weight gain is by intake of excess food. There are two ways to suppress your appetite to lose weight. The first one is through taking the suppressant pills. Another one is by implementing the natural appetite suppressant methods. Both can be effective depending on your body system. Check all the details in the following information:
Appetite-suppressant pills are one of the most effective ways to lose weight. They do this in various ways. The first one is through facilitating the production of appetite-suppressing hormones. The second one is by increasing the metabolic rate so that you burn fats faster. Some supplements can help control hunger cravings so that you do not feel hungry. However, do you wonder why some people claim these pills do not work? The mistake they make is choosing a pill that does not match their body needs. Some suppressants are suitable for men or females. Some may also work for people over a certain age. Therefore, before you choose which pill to take, seek medical advice so that you get one that resonates with your body and age. You can get all this information from relevant sites. The websites provide all the information about respective pills, which will help you make a wise decision. For example, an Instant Knockout pill is suitable for men.
Before you buy an appetite suppressant for weight loss, consider the following factors
· The brand – Should be a reputable brand with trustable products
· Ingredients- should be backed with real scientific studies showing results
· Whether it is a prescription or an over the counter
· Reviews – Check if previous users recommend the drug
· Dose – Should be clear
· Realistic expectations – No pill should promise you instant weight loss
· Side effects – Should be clear
Who Should Not Take an Appetite Suppressant?
These pills are not effective for everyone. In some cases, they worsen some health conditions. For example, they are not suitable for expecting and breastfeeding women. Additionally, if you have heart conditions, Glaucoma, and liver disease, you should consider other methods of losing weight or natural appetite suppressants.
Natural Appetite Suppressants
Aside from the pills, there are effective measures you can implement at home to reduce weight. The effectiveness of these measures, however, depends on your consistency and discipline. They include the following:
· Drinking water before every meal – If you are a fan of drinking water, you may have noticed how fast it fills the stomach. If you drink it before a meal, you will reduce the quantity of food you eat in a single sitting. People who drink around 1.5 L of water a day for eight weeks had a commendable weight loss and loss of appetite.
· Eating high-fiber foods – Fibers are not digestible quickly compared to other foods. They will make you feel fuller for extended periods. This way, you will reduce the amount of food you take in a day. However, studies show that not all sources of fiber are effective for weight loss. If you choose this method, ensure you research more to identify which fibers can help you.
· Eat heavy low-calorie foods – In most cases, it is the unhealthy calories that lead to weight gain. While calories are good for your health, too much of them may make you gain weight. Heavy low-calorie foods will fill your body with nutrients and help you burn more calories.
· Exercise before meals – Studies show that exercising immediately before meals suppresses the appetite hormones and facilitates the generation of fullness hormone, for example, PPY. It, therefore, means you are likely not to eat much food immediately after high-intensity exercises.
Other Weight Loss Techniques
Weight loss is a journey that requires the implementation of different techniques. While appetite suppressants may work faster than other means, it is crucial to understand other weight loss methods you can implement in tandem. They include
· Low carb diet – This is a method whereby you minimize the consumption of carbohydrates as much as possible since most carbohydrates are responsible for calories that facilitates weight gain
· Intermittent fasting – This is where you go without food for a given number of days. To implement this method, you need medical examinations first.
· Eating More fruits and carbohydrates
· Frequent exercises
· Elimination of sugar
· Proper sleeping pattern