By Rich Obertots
One more GUCCI Trauma Kit?
A 2018 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster at each base for lunch runs
ABOVE ALL HUMANS CRAVE – CERTAINTY!
Now this can be certainty that we will be loved – or certainty that we’ll get all the chocolate we desire on shift – or certainty that all of the aircraft will have GUCCI trauma kits and interiors……………. you get the idea. We Humans – above all – crave certainty.
WHY IS THIS RELEVANT FOR FLIGHT REQUEST STIMULATION
Our customers – most of whom are human – crave certainty that we will be there for them when they make the request. Most crave;
- Certainty in our safety practices
- Certainty in our timeliness
- Certainty in our affinity and professionalism during our face to face interactions
- Certainty in our truthfulness in our expected arrival times …
- You name it – certainty is craved
Knowing this – we all must be UNCERTAINTY BUSTERS
ACTION STEP NOW
RIGHT NOW: If you are not on a mission or in a Safety / AMRM briefing; if you are on premises with a customer – go see them – if not – make a call, send a text or e.mail to one customer (individual) and ask them to express one thing about your program in which they are uncertain. It’s okay to probe;
- Are you uncertain about our follow up on patients?
- Are you uncertain that some crewmembers may come across as ego-maniacs – arrogant or incompetent?
- Are you uncertain that because our Communications Center is not local that we may not be in tune with your area?
- Are you uncertain because we don’t accept every mission you request? (When – perhaps some other programs do.)
- Are you uncertain that when we are off-duty and come by to visit your staff – we offer high quality education instead of bringing 200 T-shirts every time?
- Are you uncertain that other flight programs seem to be more responsive than are we?
- What’s keeping you up at night worrying about us? Or if not keeping you up at night – may be making you feel a least bit uncertain?
- (Fill In the Blank – You Know Your Program and Your Market Space – and Hopefully EACH SPECIFIC CUSTOMER.)
WHATEVER THEY RESPOND DO NOT GET DEFENSIVE OR UPSET – EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG!
- Analyze their response (with their point of view in mind – always always always know thy customer and their cravings)
- Determine if it is a fact or not
- Determine if this is something that truly impacts safe and proficient performance – is relevant and consistent with your Mission Profile and your VACC MissionMetrics
- If so – determine what you are going to do to fix this
- Fix it! (And if they were wrong – CLARIFY IT!)
- Then report back with evidence, humility and thankfulness that they helped you to improve your certainty – because you desire to earn and sustain their trust
Then never stop asking – every day – especially after every encounter with a customer of any kind, “Were we uncertainty busters or not?”
And keep asking customers because you will never be objective and different customers will perceive you in different ways as it relates to your VACC MissionMetrics.
NO – you can’t and should not try to please every one. Can’t be done. You must be operating at the highest possible performance standards and seeking to earn the trust of the critical mass of customers that crave this of you. Compromise is not an option in our field!
Now – go get some chocolate. If any body questions you – just tell them you are preparing for a Marathon in the Spring and you need to “Carb Load” – that’s what I am doing 😉 Ideally on 29th April 2018 it will help and I will complete the Hall of Fame Marathon in less than 8 hours.
OH – in this article I mentioned our VACC MissionMetrics. If you are not familiar with these four crucial customer performance metrics – these are covered in our Flight Request Stimulator on-line learning course. Be in touch to learn more firstname.lastname@example.org 330.623.5910 direct.