Belly fat is the most challenging kind of fat to get rid of. It’s the biggest obstacle in our way of having nice flat abs. Belly fat is also dangerous for our health. People with belly fat have a higher risk of having heart disease, diabetes, stroke, hypertension, asthma, and certain cancers. Belly fat can form because of a sedentary lifestyle. You’ll have belly fat if you don’t move around much, don’t work out, or have poor eating habits. It can also form because of genetics, poor metabolism, menopause, or stress. Exercise is essential for losing belly fat. Let’s look at 15 easy exercises to lose belly fat.
First, let’s go over the most effective and popular exercise to lose belly fat, the crunch. We’ll look at four types.
1. Basic crunches:
Crunches target the lower and upper abs. To do this exercise:
• Lie down on a mat and life your feet off the floor while flexing your knees.
• With your fingers, hold the back of your head. Keep the thumbs placed at the end of each ear. Lift your head off the floor. The starting position is from here.
• Curl up and try to reach your knees with your head.
• Move back to the starting position
• inhale while curling and exhale while moving down.
Do 2 sets of 12 reps.
2. Bicycle crunches:
It targets both the upper and lower abs along with obliques, glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
• Get into the crunch position. For this follow step 1 and 2 of basic crunches.
• While in the starting position, extend your left leg straight. At the same time, curl up and twist to your right. With your right knee, try to touch your left elbow.
• Curl back down and flex your left leg again.
• Repeat with the other leg.
Do 2 sets of 12 reps.
3. Half seated reverse crunch:
It targets the glutes and lower and upper abs.
• For the starting position, place your feet on the floor while keeping your knees flexed. Then proceed to lean back and support your body on your elbows.
• Lift your legs off the floor and bring them close to your nose.
• Slowly move your legs back to the starting position.
Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Onto the last crunch exercise
4. Jackknife Crunch:
Targets the lower and upper abs, glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
• For the starting position, Lie down on a mat and extend your hands over your head.
• Lift your upper body while keeping your neck and back in the same life. At the same time, lift both of your feet off the floor.
• With your hands, try to touch your knees.
• Move back to the starting position.
Do 3 sets of 12 reps.
Targets the lower and upper abs.
• While lying on a mat, flex your knees and place your heels on the mat. Look at your knees by lifting your head and shoulders off the floor.
• Come to a sitting position by utilizing your core strength and life, your body off the floor.
• Move back to your original position.
Do 2 sets of 12 reps
6. Flutter kicks:
It’s an easy exercise to do at home to lose belly fat. It targets the lower and upper abs along with glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
• On a mat, lie down and place your hands under your hips. Engage your core by lifting your feet, head, and shoulders off the floor.
• In quick succession, alternately move your feet up and down.
• Make sure not to slow down and keep breathing.
Do 2 sets of 20 reps.
Planks are very tough but highly effective. They target the upper and lower abs, glutes, biceps, and shoulders.
• Kneel and press your elbows on a mat.
• Extend both your legs back
• Keep your core engaged by steadying your neck, back, and hips on the same line
• As a beginner, hold this pose for 30 seconds minimum.
Do 3 sets of 30-second holds.
8. Russian twist:
Targets both upper and lower abs along with obliques and glutes.
• On a mat, while keeping your knees flexed, lift your legs up and gently lean back a bit.
• Alternately twist your upper body right and left.
Do 2 sets of 25 reps
Burpees are very fun and effective and target the whole body.
• Stand upright
• keep your feet shoulder-width apart
• Bend your knees and place your hands on the floor.
• Get into a push-up position by jumping and pushing your legs back.
• Hop and move back to your previous position (from step 3)
• Vertically jump upwards and place your hands above your head.
• Gently land on the floor.
• Repeat the process.
Do 3 sets of 8 reps.
10. Mountain Climbers:
Very fast-paced exercise that effectively targets both upper and lower abs along with quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
• While on a plank position, keep your back, hips and, neck in a straight line. Keep your elbows directly under your shoulders and don’t pike up or curve down.
• Raise your right foot and bring it close to the right side of your chest while keeping your knee flexed.
• Move your right foot back to its original position and repeat the same process for your left leg.
• Speed up the process (as if you’re running)
Do 2 sets of 25 reps
11. Lying alternate toe taps:
Targets upper abs, lower abs, glutes, and obliques.
• On a mat, lift your legs up. Engage your core by extending your hand up and raising your head and upper back from the floor.
• Try to touch your right foot with your left hand by curling up.
• Curl back down and repeat the process by using your left foot and right hand.
Do 2 sets of 15 reps.
12. Leg raises:
Targets lower and upper abs and hamstrings, glutes, and quads.
• Lie on a mat and place your palms on the floor while keeping your hands by your side. Engage your core by looking up at the ceiling and lifting your feet off the floor by a bit.
• Perpendicularly raise your legs and slowly bring them back down
• Raise your legs up just before touching the floor.
Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
13. Brisk Walking:
This is by far the easiest belly fat exercise. It targets the whole body.
• Start walking slowly
• After 60 seconds, start walking briskly for 20 seconds
• Repeat this process
Do it for around 5-10 minutes.
14. Leg in and out:
Targets lower and upper abs along with glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
• While sitting, position your hands behind you with the palms flat on the mat. Raise your legs and lean back slightly.
• While keeping your upper body close to your knees, tuck both your legs in.
• Move back to the original position (step 1)
Do 2 sets of 20 reps
15. HIIT Sprints:
It’s a full-body workout.
• Begin by jogging at 6 mph.
• After 60 seconds, start running at a higher speed for 20 seconds.
• Slow down and start jogging again for 60 seconds.
• Repeat process
Do it for around 5 minutes.
Well, there you have it. 15 easy exercises to lose belly fat. A few of them are definitely challenging, but they’re essential for losing fat and keeping things interesting. Regular exercise with a healthy balanced diet, and you’ll soon have a nice slim and toned body. Want more information? You can ask anything about weight loss here.