The number of seniors using social media is growing rapidly. In fact, a recent study found that seniors’ social media use increased during the pandemic. Since then, their use has not been slowing down.
This is a significant opportunity for Medicare marketers. Using social media can be a powerful solution for reaching and engaging with this important audience. It is especially effective in omni-channel solutions, such as when you combine direct mail with social media marketing.
Social Media Strategy
There are many ways to use social media for Medicare marketing. Here are a few ideas:
- Create educational content. Create content to educate seniors about Medicare, including program details, available options, and tips for selecting the best plan. This content can be in the form of text posts, infographics, videos, or even live Q&A sessions.
- Share personal stories. Seniors are more likely to trust information that comes from other seniors. With their permission, share personal stories from your clients about how easy it was to register for Medicare through your enrollment platform. If you can get customer stories in the form of video, then the message will be even more effective. Engaging content brings in more likes and shares, ensuring your post is seen by a wider audience. This can be a powerful way to connect with your audience and build trust.
- Partner with influencers. Partner with popular influencers who have a large following of seniors. This is a great way to reach a wider audience and get your message seen by more people.
Combining Social Media Marketing with Direct Mail
This can be a powerful solution for creating omni-channel enrollment, especially when utilizing paid social posts.
The difference between paid and organic social media posts is that paid social posts function more like display advertising. Organic social posts will reach your followers, and whoever a percentage of those followers share it to.
A paid social post, on the other hand, will reach users beyond your own follower base, making impressions on a wider variety of people. Paid social posts can specifically target your potential customers, so that you can ensure your paid posts are seen by the seniors you are trying to reach.
Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Marketing
When using social media as a marketing and outreach tool, it’s important to keep a few things in mind.
Whether it is a paid social media advertisement or an organic post, here is some good advice for putting together social content.
First, be sure to use language that is easy for seniors to understand. Knowing the communication preferences of your audience can go a long way in forging connections. This ties into the eternal marketing rule: Thou shalt know thy audience.
Second, avoid using too much technical jargon. There is a fine line between educating viewers of your posts, and inundating them with complex information. They should end up feeling like your post answered their questions, rather than leave them with more questions.
Third, keep your posts direct and straightforward, and try to be interesting. Don’t be afraid of humor or seeming “casual”—most people use social media to feel a more personal communication.
And finally, be patient. It takes time to build a following on social media, so don’t expect to see results overnight. The key to gaining a following is posting consistently, and making sure that the content is engaging in itself.
If you’re not already using social media for Medicare marketing, now is the time to start. You can easily reach many seniors interested in Medicare by planning and making an effort to provide information.
How to Gain and Retain a Following On Social Media
Here are some additional tips for using social media for Medicare marketing:
- Use relevant hashtags. When you post about Medicare on social media, be sure to use relevant hashtags. This will help people who are searching for information about Medicare find your posts.
- Respond to comments and questions. When people comment or ask questions on your social media posts, be sure to respond promptly. This shows that you’re interested in hearing from your audience and that you’re willing to help them. Think of it like customer service. You wouldn’t ignore their questions if they called about Medicare.
- Promote your social media accounts. Share your social media accounts on your website, in your email signature, and in any other marketing materials you use. This will help people find you on social media. You can begin to build a following from your existing customer base. From there, you can gain traction to larger influence on social media platforms.
- Track your results. It’s important to track your results so you can see what’s working and what’s not. Use social media analytics tools to track things like website traffic, engagement, and leads generated.
- Make sure your posts are within the Medicare marketing guidelines.
Use these tips to reach and engage with seniors on social media who want information about Medicare.
Customer Communication Solutions for You
Social media empowers you to reach and engage with seniors about Medicare. These efforts are boosted through omni-channel solutions that combine social media posting with direct mail, email campaigns, and the like.
To reach more people and spread your message, you can create educational content.
Sharing personal stories can also help in reaching a wider audience.
Lastly, collaborating with influencers can also help in expanding your reach and spreading your message effectively.
By following the tips outlined above, you can use social media to help seniors make informed decisions about their Medicare coverage.
Beyond social media, there are other effective solutions, such as direct mail marketing.
Have any more questions about how to best market Medicare, on social media and beyond? Contact United Direct Solutions today.
United Direct Solutions provides clients with the most effective methods to connect, engage and communicate with their audiences. Since 1980, their marketing solutions have grown from direct mail service to digital marketing, billing, data and document security, embracing and engaging the latest platforms and technologies. At the forefront of innovation, automation and expertise, United Direct Solutions develops and implements communications strategies that demonstrates the value of connection and the power of personalized communications. For more information, visit www.udsolutions.com.
Editor’s Note: Content above was provided by United Direct Solutions.
The Editorial Team at Healthcare Business Today is made up of skilled healthcare writers and experts, led by our managing editor, Daniel Casciato, who has over 25 years of experience in healthcare writing. Since 1998, we have produced compelling and informative content for numerous publications, establishing ourselves as a trusted resource for health and wellness information. We offer readers access to fresh health, medicine, science, and technology developments and the latest in patient news, emphasizing how these developments affect our lives.