Are you a sportsman or just a fan of active rest? Exercising regularly, walking, or running briskly increases the strain on the knees. With increased loads, sports fans need to use special knee support to prevent injuries. Also, doctors advise wearing a bandage for joints to patients who have suffered serious knee injuries and suffer from arthrosis, arthritis, sprains, cramps, knee fractures. Do you feel knee pain? The best solution is to visit a doctor, get high-quality knee pain treatment in NYC and choose the wrap that will suit you perfectly.
Some mistakenly think that they should wrap a knee for support only after the injury. You’re recommended to provide maximum protection to your knee to prevent injury. A knee bandage wrap is an orthopedic product necessary to firmly fit the kneecap. Its main role is to very tightly fix and hold the diseased joint in a natural position. For the prevention of knee injuries, doctors advise wearing an elastic bandage. These bandages are always worn by athletes before training or competition to avoid stress on a healthy joint. Also, an elastic bandage should be worn for people who are overweight or with a congenital anomaly of the lower extremities. Such bandages must be worn by people who, on duty, walk a lot or carry heavy loads as knee wraps help to relieve pain and provide additional support.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Wear a Knee Wrap
It is critical to provide the correct amount of fixation. A weakened bandage won’t be able to provide the necessary support to the joint, which is fraught with injury or increased stress on the sore knee. The too strong fixation will clamp the vessels, creating an obstacle for the normal flow of nutrients and oxygen to the tissues. Check how to wrap knee the right way using a classic rolling bandage.
- Take a natural position and bend the knee slightly. It’s possible to use an ointment for this procedure.
- Wrap the knee around by holding the end of the bandage.
- Provide maximum support not only to the knee itself but also cover both below and above the cap.
- Make sure that the bandage isn’t too tight as it will have a negative effect on the circulation. It is important to feel comfortable with the bandage pressure.
- Use a strap or tape to fix the knee bandage.
There are several general rules to follow when you wrap the knee:
- It is correct to start applying the bandage at a distance of at least 20 cm from the damaged area.
- Each subsequent round must overlap the previous one by 70%.
- Bandaging should be done with moderate tension on the product. Try to increase the compression towards the middle of the joint.
- The procedure and the applied product should not cause painful sensations. Loosen the tension if this happens.
- Flexion and extension in the joint after compression should be performed in full, but with great effort. If the wrap slides off the site of application, you need to repeat the technique with greater tension on the material.
You won’t face any difficulties when wrapping a knee with a traditional bandage even if you do this for the first time. But still, there are certain things to keep in mind. There are limitations you should be aware of before you use this type of knee wrap.
- It takes much time. Take into account that using a classic rolling bandage is a time-consuming process, especially, if you need to wrap two legs.
- You may need some time to practice wrapping the bandage so that it fits securely. You will spend additional time if you unroll the bandage and repeat the entire procedure once again.
- You may need someone’s help. Do you find it difficult to bend forward? In this case, you will have to ask someone to wrap your knee. It is ok when you ask someone once but you may face a situation when there is nobody around. Take this into account not to face difficulties with wrapping.
- Is it important for you to wear a nice bandage? Then, a traditional rolling bandage of the beige color isn’t the best choice for you. Moreover, the material they are made of isn’t that pleasant to the touch.
- Traditional bandages aren’t durable. Those who use rolling bandages admit that they don’t look the same after several washes. Nobody wants to wear a dirty beige bandage that has lost its shape. It’s one more important point to take into account when choosing the right knee bandage.
Activewrap Heat and Ice Knee Wrap: Support and Confidence
If you want to avoid the limitations we have discussed above, consider using Activewrap bandage. It has got many positive reviews for providing perfect physical support and meeting other important criteria.
Check why Activewrap Heat & Ice Knee Wrap has won great popularity and is recommended by medical experts. How to wrap knee with ace bandage? One of the main pros is that you can do this without anyone’s help as the procedure takes a couple of seconds and is as easy as ABC.
- There are special straps that make it easy to wear a bandage. How to wrap your knee with an Activewrap bandage? Just apply the bandage and adjust the level of compression.
- The bandage can be combined with heat or icing therapy without any limitations. As for the traditional rolling bandage, it can’t be used if you have been prescribed the mentioned types of therapy.
- The bandage is made of non-allergic materials and is pleasant to the touch. Activewrap has an aesthetic look and is much more durable than the classic rolling bandage. You can use it regularly within 2-3 years and it won’t lose its shape.
- There is a possibility to choose the size you need and order straps for compression for any part of the body, if necessary. You can use Activewrap products, not for knee support only. There are wraps for ankles, hips, and other body parts.
Now, you know how to ace bandage a knee and what advantages you will enjoy if you choose Activewrap. Take care of your health and lead an active lifestyle with high-quality wrap support.