We all love our dogs and do not want them to suffer in any way possible because they are a part of our family. They also suffer from the same diseases (almost) as humans do, due to injury or just old age. CBD can be found in number of products, such as Innovet, and it helps in curing many problems of humans as well as dogs, related to pain, stress or diseases like cancer and it is essential to find the right product for your dog which will work for him. Be aware of THC in the products.
What is CBD?
It is a cannabidiol which is a compound of cannabis plant. It is found in large quantity in hemp but minimally in marijuana. CBD is extracted from hemp plant and does not have tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which causes the person to get high. As THC is toxic for dogs which can cause seizure or even death, so it is not safe for them, CBD products are non- psychotic and contains zero or very little amount of THC in it.
How does it work?
Just like humans, dogs also have specialized receptors throughout their brain, glands, nervous system and organs which is known as endocannabinoid (ECS). These are responsible for physiological and neurological processes such as immunity, sleep, mood, pain regulation and appetite.
So when we give CBD to dogs, it goes into the system and reacts with ECS. A lipid is formed which moves into the neutral network where it coats the pathways which in turn slows down the effects of aging on memory because dogs get dementia too just like humans, they suffer from several diseases like
- Joint pain
And many more.
Benefits of CBD
CBD has been used to reduce pain, swelling etc. in medical field for quite some time now. Researched had found its amazing benefits in pets as well whether they are dogs, cats, horses, any kind of pet. Some of the prominent benefits of CBD are mentioned below
- CBD helps the body to gain its balance back.
- It reduces pain, stress and anxiety.
- It controls and reduces the growth of cancer cells as well as destroys them
- It cures arthritis which causes inflammation and pain in the joints by its anti- inflammatory properties.
- Promotes calmness
- Helps foster healthy appetite and fight nausea.
- CBD does not affect your dog’s kidney or stomach. It does not have any known side effects.
- It is also safe to give to the children.
- It treats irritable bowel gastrointestinal issues, glaucoma in dogs.
CBD treats and doses
CBD comes in various things such as biscuits, oils and CBD Dog Treats. The doses of each one of them is different.
- If you are giving CBD in the form oil then you can add certain drops directly to its mouth and if not, then add it in its food or water. Dropper bottle is great for measuring exact doses and they can get absorbed directly into the bloodstream and works quicker than any other form.
- If the dog is suffering from skin allergies, rashes or muscle/ joint pain etc. then give CBD topicals to him. They are salves and creams which are convenient and reliable and are easy to administer.
- The easiest way to give the, CBD will be good old fashioned biscuits which come in different flavors, sized and CBD dosages. Biscuits are a great way to give CBD but they are not as much effective as others. It requires several hours to kick in and work.
Things to know when purchasing CBD
- The first and foremost thing to keep in mind when you are purchasing CBD is to take a good look at product and its ingredients. Check if it really has CBD in it. Some companies label the product as hemp- infused or hemp- based but having CBD is a totally different thing. A few products, there is a FDA warning on the box which exposes them for fake advertising. They say their product as CBD- containing but actually is not.
- The second important thing is dose. CBD does not contain THC which is harmful for dogs but if you give excessive or improper amount of dosage then it can result in painful conditions such as nausea, vomiting, lethargy etc. Always start with low dosage and notice if it is working for your dog. If it is not, then keep increasing the dose until you see an improvement. Generally, use tincture with one drop per 10 lbs. of your dog’s weight i.e. if your dog weighs 40 lbs. then 4 drops of it. Monitor its health and behavior and if it does not change then change the dose.
- Consult your veterinarian before purchasing any CBD products. Although there is no known side effect of CBD but just for the sake of safety precaution, ask your veterinarian first whether it is best to add CBD in his diet or not. Many professionals believe that CBD products help treat various diseases. So most of them recommend it.
Other general information that you should know about CBD products
- When you treat your illness, you will always search for the best treatment. Do the same for your dog as well. Purchase legit products like CBD treats of high quality from reliable and reputable sources.
- Edibles such as biscuits take time to react while the liquid form or oil reacts faster.
CBD is the kind of product that not only benefits humans but also all kinds of pets. Due to CBD’s anti-inflammatory and anti-pain qualities, it is one of the best products you will ever come across which offers a number of health benefits and also cures various diseases. CBD Oil products are easily available in the market. Just look before buying any and you will never have to worry about your dog’s health again. It should be present in everyone’s home. Buy and store them, you will thanks us later.
Healthcare Business Today is a leading online publication that covers the business of healthcare. Our stories are written from those who are entrenched in this field and helping to shape the future of this industry. Healthcare Business Today offers readers access to fresh developments in health, medicine, science, and technology as well as the latest in patient news, with an emphasis on how these developments affect our lives.